By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Assassin's Creed Origins Running Better On Xbox One X Than PC (wccftech)

I feel like this is pretty meaningless, frankly. The guy is playing a pre-release version, and doing so on an unknown PC.

With that said, I'm sure Microsoft is all up their ass to be sure that the Xbox One X version is in great shape at launch. They are relying on it to help sell that system. There is no such entity to be up their ass to optimize the PC version. So, that is likely to be done after the Xbox version is wrapped up.

Around the Network

I know its hard to develop for 2 different consoles and a variable platform such as the PC but that still does not excuse the shoddy performance I've seen from AC Unity, Syndicate, and Watch Dogs 2. Ubisoft (aka... Ubishit to many) has a history of doing dick all for console optimization that does not pertain to their stupid marketing deal. The Xbox One was most likely the lead platform for the game due to their alternate marketing schedule which sees them switch sides with Xbox and Playstation. PC..... as always is ignored.

CGI-Quality said:
Snoopy said:

cool, it's as if the xbox one x is more powerful than even the GTX 1080.

I see that you haven't learned anything since the last time you posted this. Well... ^_^

If it's a standalone gtx 1080 in it's box vs an Xbox One X in the box straight from the shelf, he's not wrong.

It's a Ubisoft game. I don't really expect any different...
I won't buy their games on PC anyway as they force uDontPlay which is an abomination.

Snoopy said:

Citatation needed.

The Xbox One X is about as powerful as a Geforce 1060, possibly a 1070 when the memory controller isn't derped.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

Snoopy said:

Citatation needed.

The Xbox One X is about as powerful as a Geforce 1060, possibly a 1070 when the memory controller isn't derped.

Does this mean my 970 is outdated D : ? 

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Pemalite said:

Citatation needed.

Well. It does fall short of the Geforce 1060 FE and thus the Xbox One X.

But if it runs everything you throw at it, it really doesn't matter.

That’s inexcusable. PC should be best no question. Sounds like Ubisoft just being lazy.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
That’s inexcusable. PC should be best no question. Sounds like Ubisoft just being lazy.

BEcause of the forced Uplay even if it ran in 800fps and mega uptra settings it would still be the worst version, horrible forced software/drm even if you buy it on steam they force it on us :( never again

Twitter @CyberMalistix

CGI-Quality said:
Pemalite said:

It's a Ubisoft game. I don't really expect any different...
I won't buy their games on PC anyway as they force uDontPlay which is an abomination.

Citatation needed.

As I understand it, it's on par with the RX 480.

Should push a bit past the RX 480 which sits just below the 1060, especially in more bandwidth limited scenarios and when the crossbar isn't holding things back.

Plus it's a full 2560:160:48 part verses the 2304:144:32 part of Polaris. (Shaders:Texture Units:Render Pipelines)

Pemalite said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Well. It does fall short of the Geforce 1060 FE and thus the Xbox One X.

But if it runs everything you throw at it, it really doesn't matter.

Would an Xbox one X compare well to a GTX 970 and i5 6600k with 8gb ddr4?