By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Stock: Values Keep Rising

This has happened before, but Nintendo isn't the only one over-valued because of speculation.

A LOT of companies are. Apple will cross the trillion dollar mark soon, and it is completely speculatory. In fact, all markets are ove-valued.

The GDP of all contries combined is slightly below 90 trillion, but the derivatives are at over 1.2 quadrillion! This money is ridiculous, a total bubble, and make no mistake it's gonna pop. Nintendo, Apple, Google, the stocks of all these companies are gonna plummet and the financial system will reset. It's the only way.

Last edited by Azelover - on 24 November 2017

Around the Network
Azelover said:

This has happened before, but Nintendo isn't the only one over-valued because of speculation.

A LOT of companies are. Apple will cross the trillion dollar mark soon, and it is completely speculatory. In fact, all markets are ove-valued.

The GDP of all contries combined is slightly below 90 trillion, but the derivatives are at over 1.2 quadrillion! This money is ridiculous, a total bubble, and make no mistake it's gonna pop. Nintendo, Apple, Google, the stocks of all these companies are gonna plummet and the financial system will reset. So no matter how undervalued you think a company is, it will still ineviatably drop.

Well duh.Not one company is going to eternally improve and be ever more valuable.Eventually it/they will screw up or simply not inovate enough and the market will deem it as not as valuable as it was before.But that is the nature of the market, there is nothing really wrong with that.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Azelover said:

The GDP of all contries combined is slightly below 90 trillion, but the derivatives are at over 1.2 quadrillion! This money is ridiculous, a total bubble, and make no mistake it's gonna pop. Nintendo, Apple, Google, the stocks of all these companies are gonna plummet and the financial system will reset. It's the only way.

What is the correct ratio of GDP vs stock market value?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Nautilus said:
Azelover said:

The GDP of all contries combined is slightly below 90 trillion, but the derivatives are at over 1.2 quadrillion! This money is ridiculous, a total bubble, and make no mistake it's gonna pop. Nintendo, Apple, Google, the stocks of all these companies are gonna plummet and the financial system will reset. So no matter how undervalued you think a company is, it will still ineviatably drop.

Well duh.Not one company is going to eternally improve and be ever more valuable.Eventually it/they will screw up or simply not inovate enough and the market will deem it as not as valuable as it was before.But that is the nature of the market, there is nothing really wrong with that.

Interest rates are at zero percent, do you know what that means? The market can't even be corrected by 3.65 %, it would meltdown. So the Central banks keep buying stocks and lending money at an accelerated rate. This can't keep going for long. In fact in the past six months the market almost crashed a few times, and the Fed went in and saved it at the end of the day. The big stockholders are selling their portfolio, there is a lot more selling than buying. This always happens before a downturn.

The Central banks are buying stocks by the trillions, and companies themselves are buying their own stocks in huge quantities. This is keeping the market going along with infusion of money, and hides the fact many good investors are bailing out. Very soon something is gonna happen. It's clear as day.

Nintendo stock keeps blasting upward. Nintendo is now worth 6.77 trillion yen. The equivalent of 51B€.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 26 November 2017

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

Eh, from Switch launch, Nintendo stocks  are constantly raising.

Which from a stock valuation market indicates an overpriced stock. A real easy tip off is to look at net profit ... if their stock is almost the same price as it was during the Wii/DS days, the profit numbers should be close too ... but they're not even close. When a company's bottom line profit doesn't reflect the price of the stock, that's a massive sign that you're buying a stock inflated by speculation. 

Investors are too giddy over China, piracy is rampant in China. Nintendo has tried various ventures in China before to limited success. 

Very well said. Terrible time to invest.

Looking off of Google, the stock prices are definitely really good, being back up to the Wii/NDS era

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Kerotan said:
Soundwave said:

Which from a stock valuation market indicates an overpriced stock. A real easy tip off is to look at net profit ... if their stock is almost the same price as it was during the Wii/DS days, the profit numbers should be close too ... but they're not even close. When a company's bottom line profit doesn't reflect the price of the stock, that's a massive sign that you're buying a stock inflated by speculation. 

Investors are too giddy over China, piracy is rampant in China. Nintendo has tried various ventures in China before to limited success. 

Nintendo stocks are currently highest in past 9 years, only time when were higher was during Wii best years 2007/2008, so if you invested money in Nintendo stocks when Soundwave made that post, you would have nice profit now. You will have profit even if you invest now, because we are at start of holiday season and stocks will go only higher and Nintendo will have great Holiday season and Q4 sales.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 27 November 2017

RolStoppable said:
Nintendo's stock price has now doubled since Switch launch. The previous spikes that can be attributed to mobile game announcements and releases are nothing in comparison to the effect that Switch has had.

And it's more than 4 times higher tahn it was in January 2015

Damn, really wish I had the money back then, because I knew Nintendo would rise again, but I couldn't get a loan approved back then. Though I would have invested more into AMD, since it was clear it could only get better with the then-upcoming Zen Architecture, too, and AMD was much lower, thus having had much more space to rise

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

Nintendo stocks are currently highest in past 9 years, only time when were higher was during Wii best years 2007/2008, so if you invested money in Nintendo stocks when Soundwave made that post, you would have nice profit now. You will have profit even if you invest now, because we are at start of holiday season and stocks will go only higher and Nintendo will have great Holiday season and Q4 sales.

I don't think you understand. If I invest 100k of my money now s not a good time to invest in Nintendo. They are the type of company that goes up a lot, then drops a lot.