By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Square Enix trying to get the main Final Fantasy XV on Switch, talking with Nintendo and Epic

hopefully it happens, I would definitely buy it

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
If they are porting it and going to trouble of changing the engine, they may as well add some more content to the game IMO. That would give it a better chance of selling.

The porting is more likely to get used to making Switch versions so they can be ready for their future games, the port itself may not come but FFVIIR and KH3 may along with any future game SE has lined up. At most if XV does arrive I think it'll just be a version with all the DLC and maybe some Nintendo like easter eggs (costumes like in Skyrim and Bayonetta 2).

Japan loves FF and Japan loves mobile gaming so this would make some sense particularly if it can be done easily enough.

KLXVER said:
The Switch will soon have Xenoblade Chronicles 2. The people who wanted to play FFXV has played it. They should focus on Project Octopath Traveler and the other new games they are releasing instead..

It's possible you figured out the motivation in your first sentence. Square is probably worried that XC2 is going to gain too much traction in Japan and want to head it off if possible.

spemanig said:
KLXVER said:
The Switch will soon have Xenoblade Chronicles 2. The people who wanted to play FFXV has played it. They should focus on Project Octopath Traveler and the other new games they are releasing instead..

No game should ever be ported because the people who wanted them have played them, right?

That would sure the hell make me a happier person lol

Around the Network

With the current Switch model, I don't really think its possible, or at least, it would be EXTREMELY difficult to get a game like Final Fantasy XV, the REAL version, to run on it.
However, in a few years, whenever Nintendo introduces "Nintendo Switch+" that brings it to base PS4 and Xbox One levels or damn close to it, I think FFXV would be a damn great game to launch that revision with.

PAOerfulone said:
With the current Switch model, I don't really think its possible, or at least, it would be EXTREMELY difficult to get a game like Final Fantasy XV, the REAL version, to run on it.
However, in a few years, whenever Nintendo introduces "Nintendo Switch+" that brings it to base PS4 and Xbox One levels or damn close to it, I think FFXV would be a damn great game to launch that revision with.

I don't know what kind of voodoo magic you think is in Final Fantasy 15 that would make it not runnable on a switch when the last system contained XCX.

There are very few games released this generation that need PS4 power to exist. You're just prettier last GEN games.

Lmao take another year or two in seconds time from other projects to release an UE 4 Version of FFX V ..... square would do this

mM
PAOerfulone said:

I don't know what kind of voodoo magic you think is in Final Fantasy 15 that would make it not runnable on a switch when the last system contained XCX.

There are very few games released this generation that need PS4 power to exist. They're just prettier last GEN games.

spemanig said:
KLXVER said:

No game should ever be ported because the people who wanted them have played them, right?

I think he's trying to say that there isn't much of an audience for it? It's not going to be a quick or cheap port, so there would need to be demand for it. I'm not sure there demand for it either.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.