By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Square Enix trying to get the main Final Fantasy XV on Switch, talking with Nintendo and Epic

Arminillo said:
Im surprised by their openness to the details of their plans, and the amount of effort they are exerting as well. Honestly, if they made a port that looked good on switch and had all the DLC, I would gladly fork the cash...

These kinds of investigations happen all the time when devs get their hands on new hardware. Game development studios are in it to make money, and they want to know how much effort and modification a port will require vs the expected sales in order to determine whether or not it's worth investing in.

The Switch might be gettinga re-worked version Final Fantasy XV, or it might be getting the "Crystal Chronicles" version of Final Fantasy XV like we've seen Square Enix do on other Final Fantasy titles on Nintendo hardware. It's too early to tell.

Around the Network

I feel like bringing FFXV might be a hot mess. Personally I think Square should just release the Pocket Edition of FFXV to the Switch to give them something, and that next FF game Square will keep the Switch in mind when building.

BRING IT. I'll be there day 1.

Not just for the sake of FFXV, but for all future mainline FF and other AAA Square games to return to Nintendo consoles

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Better focus on X, XII and XIV. Please.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

If the Switch gets a non-mobile version of FF15 I'll get it.

Around the Network

Just give us a remake of FFVI, thank you SE.

That's really neat, makes me wonder if KH III or FFVII R might have a chance with the Switch as well

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I platinum'd XV and did just about all of the end-game content. I'm not among the people who would be willing to buy the game a second time, although I recognize that such an audience exists. In fact, I was a bit disappointed with XV in general; I sort of wish they had went with a more traditional, turn-based game.

The game barely runs well enough on the PS4 (unless they have patched it to improve performance).

I think the is a key point being missed here and it's not about XV either, this highlights they have the platform in mind for future projects and they're speaking to Nintendo and Epic over UE4 and porting XV to the engine. KH3 and FFVIIR are being built on UE4, SE maybe looking to utilise UE4 to get used to creating Switch versions of their future games, Octopath already uses it so they already have the kits in hand.

Pavolink said:
Better focus on X, XII and XIV. Please.
routsounmanman said:
Just give us a remake of FFVI, thank you SE.                                     

Yeah, I'm with you guys. I think I'd take about any FF game on Switch before XV. 

What about a collection of NES/SNES games? Or a new Crystal Chronicles?