By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Credit Suisse Lifts Nintendo Rating to Outperform, Predicts 130 Million Switch Units Sold by 2022

Do you think this will happen?

Yes 112 29.17%

No 189 49.22%

Not sure 60 15.63%

I will not make a prediction 23 5.99%

Total:384
Ka-pi96 said:
COKTOE said:

What's up with that? It's a good thing , it's just a bit strange to see so many people spontainiously return around the same time.

As for the op: I'm thinking no. Bit too optimistic.

There was a lot of Nintendo fans for the Wii era. They fled when the Wii U era came along, and now that Nintendo is successful again they are returning.

They fled eh? Lol. Well, those were dark times I suppose.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

This is a really absurd prediction. It'll give the fanboys too much hope. *sigh* Oh well

It's impossible to predict. There are way too many variables at play here. Again, impossible to predict.

Hi

I'm curious to see how many they shipped during this quarter, now that the Switch is noy supply constrained anymore other than Japan.

All I love is the fact Switch is actually getting these kind of predictions months after release. After a year for the Wii U even the most best case scenarios were around 30 million lifetime.

As for 130 million units being possible ...lets wait until stock constraints are over.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
p0isonparadise said:
Wow, so many older users coming back! Loving the concept.

I'll be more conservative and say that Switch will pass 100 million by the end of 2022.

What's up with that? It's a good thing , it's just a bit strange to see so many people spontainiously return around the same time.

Never said it was bad thing. 

p0isonparadise said:
COKTOE said:

Never said it was bad thing. 

Never implied you did.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I could actually see this happening if Nintendo can get the thing officially sold in china, with its emerging middle class market.

Maybe. Nintendo will need expert skill and some luck to pull that one off. I hope they can, but only time wil tell.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Ka-pi96 said:
Green098 said:

All I love is the fact Switch is actually getting these kind of predictions months after release. After a year for the Wii U even the most best case scenarios were around 30 million lifetime.

As for 130 million units being possible ...lets wait until stock constraints are over.

Are you not counting john lucas' 250m prediction?

...maybe I should add in "with a few unrealistic expections"...