By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Pokemon Thread - Pokemon Legends Arceus + Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Announced

Time to bump this thread!

Tune in on 2/27 at 6am PT for roughly 7 minutes of new information in a live streamed Pokemon Direct presentation!

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/02-27-2019/

Around the Network

Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield Announced coming late 2019!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdA22Lh6Rwk

Last edited by Green098 - on 27 February 2019

Plant monkey! Guess I'll pick the water type.

Around the Network

Starters don't look great imo. But I never like starters that much anyways, so I guess it isn't really a big deal for me. I think I like the water starter best but I'll probably pick the grass one like usual.

Yeah I'm down for this. I do agree that the starters look underwhelming, but let's be honest and admit that EVERY starter has been kinda boring; it's the evolutions that are exciting! That's the draw!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield releasing late 2019 on Nintendo Switch!

Forge a path to greatness!

Starters

Your new adventure in the Galar region will begin by choosing one of these three Pokémon

Galar Region

Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield will be set in Galar, an expansive region with many environments—idyllic countryside, contemporary cities, thick forests, and craggy, snow-covered mountains. The people and Pokémon live together in this region, and they’ve worked together to develop the industries here.

You’ll visit the various Gyms in the Galar region, aiming for the enviable and admirable title of Champion!

Screenshots:

Last edited by Flilix - on 27 February 2019

Runa216 said:
Yeah I'm down for this. I do agree that the starters look underwhelming, but let's be honest and admit that EVERY starter has been kinda boring; it's the evolutions that are exciting! That's the draw!

This is what I pointed out in the ND thread the starters are pretty much as expected it's when they evolve that really makes them interesting, this was seen with Greninja who is one of the most popular Pokemon, people were moaning back then about the starters as well.