By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Article: Nintendo Has Won 2017

Switch certainly seems to be a reversal of fortunes for Nintendo so far.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
potato_hamster said:

Bullshit argument.

There's nothing objective about metacritic scores. It's just the average of a sample set of the numerical scores a group of writers gave games they reviewed based on their own subjective opinions. If you're going off review scores, all you're doing is valuing a certain group's opinions above others, nothing more.

No your argument is bullshit. Average score of more than 100 reviews of gaming media is definitely far more objective when we talk whats better game, compared what you or I say.

Hey, excuse me. I'm an apparently an expert. My opinion matters more than yours.

Sorry but Nintendo wasn't even close to what Sony did with Playstation 4 in 2017. lol

potato_hamster said:
guiduc said:

Oh please, over 100 critics can review a single game. It's beyond just a ''group of writers'' as you stated. Those are supposed to be the top experts in the industry, some of them are making a living out of this. Expertise comes off of skill and knowledge, know-how. Most of them have played games for a long time. Some of them are former developers, some of them are former business representatives, some of them worked for Nintendo or Sony or MS.

Yes, we're valuing a certain ''elite'' opinion amongst others, just like we value journalism or medical expertise. Because most of the time, they know best. How are we supposed to evaluate a game's quality anyway, according to your so-called argument? With our own point of view? Because it still brings up the issue of subjectivity. Your point leads nowhere, or you'll have to explain me how you can sell your game's quality to the masses without valuing that ''group's opinions'' above other.

So 100 critics, some of which are actual journalists with degrees who are passionate about video games, or passionate game fans who got their start writing walkthroughs with no actual education in the matter.... are now experts?

By your list of what makes video game reviewers experts:

Most of them have played games for a long time. I've been playing games for clost to three decades
Some of them are former developers. I've got close to a decade of console game development under my belt.
Some of them worked for Nintendo or Sony or MS. I did work on a couple of would-be first party titles that never got released for one of those companies, and I've worked directly with all three of them.

Looks like I'm an expert! How about you ask me about my opinion on Breath of the Wild? :P

Here, I'll let Guru Larry remind you of a few examples of why you're talking out of your ass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKNs_4OZQzk

Look, you can trust that the specifics of certain reviewers can be indicate whether or not it's likely you will enjoy a game based on whether or not you agree with their previous opinions about games you like and don't like. That's pretty much it.

Woah there, I didn't intend to list here what makes an expert an expert. I would have to do my research, but that was beside my point.

Did you get your accreditation? Did you make a request for official certification with said aggregators? Have the official authorities delievered your enfranchisement status? These are the first steps before being considered anything in regard of professional critic.

I think you're reaching, here. If you wanna rethink the whole review process of the business - go ahead, be my guest. I started off making a demonstration of what objectivity means, and how appeal to authority can be considered a valid argument in this case. You're pushing this far to try and win this argument - and I would appreciate more marks of respect on your part by no trashing me with statements like ''Talking out of my ass'', as if I was making up unfounded claims. Honestly, you could have every quality to be a reviewer yourself, just get yourself started and get an accreditation.

My list is better than your list

/thread

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
Sorry but Nintendo wasn't even close to what Sony did with Playstation 4 in 2017. lol

That was some real, insightful argument you just made there, doctor.

As shallow as the article itself.

Dr.Vita said:

My my, that was certainly an insightful post.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Ooh, a fireworks show!

*sits back and reads through all the posts here*

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Nautilus said:
Dr.Vita said:

My my, that was certainly an insightful post.

Wow, it's like we connected spiritually.

I ninja'd you.

For me, absolutely but to be fair, i'm a Nintendo-only gamer. As always with an opinion article it's subjective and i'm sure there will be many Sony-only gamers who disagree, as there will be Microsoft-only too. As for the general consensus, then yeah, possibly. Really depends on the multi-system gamers and which line-ups they prefer.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!