By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - World gone mad: Music conductor fired for making racist joke even though "victim" says no.

aLkaLiNE said:
As an Oregonian, I can we are an extremely politically correct state to the point of detriment. I saw a subway commercial where they labeled a 12" sandwhich as a "he" and one of my Facebook feminism friends reposted MASSIVELY over reacting. To me, there is more important topics to worry about than something as stupid and Irrelevent as that. I would have no offense if they labeled that sandwhich as a her.

Not trying to derail but how do you think your friend would have reacted if an item which exists for the sole purpose of consumption and pleasure for another person was referred to as 'she'.  I'm genuinely curious about this.  

Around the Network

lol i love how as soon as someone disagrees with certain opinions they either have to be left wing or right wing, that's how controlled the minds of some people are... that they think its impossible to have an opinion without associating with a particular political group and its just sad lol

people should be more cautious about letting the innate desire to be tribal everyone has filter their thoughts like that

there is no "us" vs "them", there's just facts if you want to be rational about things, otherwise if you don't want to be rational, pick a "team" and just cheer like you are in crowd at a big sports event while your capacity for reason degenerates into mush

FragileSurface said:
aLkaLiNE said:
As an Oregonian, I can we are an extremely politically correct state to the point of detriment. I saw a subway commercial where they labeled a 12" sandwhich as a "he" and one of my Facebook feminism friends reposted MASSIVELY over reacting. To me, there is more important topics to worry about than something as stupid and Irrelevent as that. I would have no offense if they labeled that sandwhich as a her.

Not trying to derail but how do you think your friend would have reacted if an item which exists for the sole purpose of consumption and pleasure for another person was referred to as 'she'.  I'm genuinely curious about this.  

She wouldn't have reacted at all because there would be no trigger point. Should someone get triggered when a Ferrari is referred to as a she because "she" is beautiful? I just don't understand how, of everything going on in the world right now, THAT is the molehill someone wants to die on. If you REALLY have an issue over gender positive terms like that, then go picket and protest the entire German language which has gender positivity built into its very language, i.e., many terms have a different word when talking to a him or a her or an it while English only distinguished by saying something like "his" or "hers". 

Thats how worthless it is getting upset or triggered. Especially when some women want to deny preferential treatment by western society in aspects that aren't shared with a man, and vice a versa. We should celebrate who we are and how we were born, but thanks to the tide of plastic surgery, one can become as non-distinguished or unique as they'd like. It's a tragedy that we have learned to focus so much on the our looks from the outside as opposed to what's on the inside.

aLkaLiNE said:
FragileSurface said:

She wouldn't have reacted at all because there would be no trigger point. Should someone get triggered when a Ferrari is referred to as a she because "she" is beautiful? I just don't understand how, of everything going on in the world right now, THAT is the molehill someone wants to die on. If you REALLY have an issue over gender positive terms like that, then go picket and protest the entire German language which has gender positivity built into its very language, i.e., many terms have a different word when talking to a him or a her or an it while English only distinguished by saying something like "his" or "hers". 

Thats how worthless it is getting upset or triggered. Especially when some women want to deny preferential treatment by western society in aspects that aren't shared with a man, and vice a versa. We should celebrate who we are and how we were born, but thanks to the tide of plastic surgery, one can become as non-distinguished or unique as they'd like. It's a tragedy that we have learned to focus so much on the our looks from the outside as opposed to what's on the inside.

I agree it's not worth getting triggered over that.  I just would have expected calling a sandwich 'she' would have been a bigger trigger than calling it 'he'.  

Tulipanzo said:
monocle_layton said:

Lawlight ignores facts to specifically make liberals seem bad??? The horror!

You're saying having multiple threads with blatant ignorance and nazism apologism on the front is actually a good look for the site?
Look at this thread and tell me if people here are criticizing an actual political ideology or rather making up one to be angry at. 
These threads aren't for discussion, they are for pandering

What nazism apologism? The people we call 'nazis' now are NOTHING compared to actual fucking nazis. I think its an insult to those who actually fought nazis to compare a 20 yo white male who like to say 'hitler did nothing wrong' in his moms basement to people who actually fucking tried to commit genocide.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Around the Network
FragileSurface said:
aLkaLiNE said:

I agree it's not worth getting triggered over that.  I just would have expected calling a sandwich 'she' would have been a bigger trigger than calling it 'he'.  

I don't really know. That wouldn't trigger me, calling it a she. But people are weird 

I find it just insane that the friend even defended his remarks. Really goes to my prove that liberals label blacks as victims, even when they themselves don't want to be, just to continue the process of controlling them. Treating a whole group of people like that is far more racist than any derogatory word or phrase could ever be.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Chris Hu said:
Lawlight said:

This is week on world gone mad, another case similar to that where a student was expelled from a university for abusing his gf even though the latter says nothing of the sort happened. This time around a university fired a music conductor has been fired for making a "racist" joke with his friend. The friend, who is black, says there was nothing racist about it but we all know how liberal universities work - just hearsay is enough, no due process...

An acclaimed British conductor has been fired from a prestigious American music festival after a seemingly innocent joke he made to a black friend was labelled racist.

Matthew Halls was removed as artistic director of the Oregon Bach Festival following an incident in which he imitated a southern American accent while talking to his longstanding friend, the African-American classical singer Reginald Mobley.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/09/british-conductor-sacked-us-music-festival-joke-labelled-racist/amp/

This week on the world gone mad another pointless thread take your meds and go to bed already.

Another useless post from you. Nothing to add? Result to insults. Classic leftist tactic.

Ugh... Is this overblown sensastionalist identity politic bullshit ever going to end?

I think I need to just be a hermit and live in a cabin in the mountains or something. I seriously can't take this shit anymore.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Huh? I thought a "southern American" accent was more associated with hillbillies (which are white people)