By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - About to buy a PSVita

I'm sorry you didn't like my opinion, I was just being honest. I have a vita, with around 8 games, bought it years ago, I just talked about my experience. I love my dragons crown, muramasa, ffx and x2, gravity rush and Odin Sphere. But that's all there is for me. I don't like visual novels and Japanese games. I was hoping for much more, and even gravity rush 2 was moved. Still think it's a beauty, but for me it's got no games I'm interested in. That's it, I'm sorry if it hurts. Just an opinion, the handheld is beautiful. If you love those games, go and enjoy them, give your vita the love it deserves!

Around the Network
Fededx said:
I'm sorry you didn't like my opinion, I was just being honest. I have a vita, with around 8 games, bought it years ago, I just talked about my experience. I love my dragons crown, muramasa, ffx and x2, gravity rush and Odin Sphere. But that's all there is for me. I don't like visual novels and Japanese games. I was hoping for much more, and even gravity rush 2 was moved. Still think it's a beauty, but for me it's got no games I'm interested in. That's it, I'm sorry if it hurts. Just an opinion, the handheld is beautiful. If you love those games, go and enjoy them, give your vita the love it deserves!

I do like those, but the Vita has a severe oversaturation of shovelware. In my opinion, it had good things, but the bad ones outnumbered them. Not only is the hardware sturdy, but it used to have a great catalog of nice programs to help the system stay relevant. Now all that is left is a vast amount of games which rely on the gamers' hormones or might see no port released for Western systems. 

It's now little more than a glorified Kindle... 

I have a bunch of vita games:

- Borderlands 2
- Trails of Cold Steel I, and II
- Tearaway
- Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
- Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
- Final Fantasy X/X-2
- Persona 4: Golden
- Persona 4: Dancing All Night
- Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection

- Lumines
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss
- Dragon's Crown
- Ratchet and Clank Collection
- MLB 12
- FIFA Soccer
- Madden 13
- Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
- Killzone: Mercenary
- Freedom Wars
- Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
- Playstation All-Stars
- Shantae: Half Genie Hero
- Earth Defense Force
- Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate
- Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation
- F1 2011
- God of War Collection
- Touch My Katamari
- Minecraft
- Resistance: Burning Skies
- One of the Senran Kagura Games
- Danganronpa 1 &2
- Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls

I think I'm missing some but that feels like most of them. A large chunk of these I picked up when a store here was clearing out their Vita stuff for less than $5 each, so many of these are still on my backlog.

I have a bunch more that were PS + freebies, or picked up on sales, like Tales of Hearts:R, Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Wipeout, Rainbow Moon, Muramasa Rebirth, BlazBlue, Motorstorm RC, Terraria, Fez, Super Stardust. Feel free to ask me about any of them.

AsGryffynn said:
Arminillo said:
RPGs you should play in order of importance

-Persona 4 Golden
-Freedom Wars
-Trails of Cold Steel
-God Eater
-Neptunia
-Persona 3 Portable
-Tales of Hearts
-Conception II
-Other PSP rpgs

I would reconsider, but if you insist, I think adding SEVEN, Memories of Celceta and even the new Lacrimosa of Dana, all YS games, should be a priority. They are far more solid than Persona and Tales of Hearts. Also, avoid Neptunia unless you like shovelware. 

And naturally add the FF remasters if you don't have them. Download every KZ you find as well so you don't suffer console degradation... 

I dont think you know what shovelware is

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Fededx said:
It's a nice handheld, but tbh, now that the Switch is out, it's not worth it... I mean, the thing about the Vita was, with the first model specially, the beauty of its screen... Now the Switch has a 720p screen, and much more power. The Vita still looks good, specially the OLED but... If you already have a PS4, you won't find more than 5 or 6 games worth playing...

I don't see how you can make this comparison and then argue that the Vita doesn't have enough exclusive games.

He said he was interested in JRPGs, and the Vita has more of those than any other platform.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Old tech but great library.

Kresnik said:

Since these are your criteria (and you haven't outright said "not on PC or PS3", here are a few suggestions. First up, RPG's

- Ar no Surge Plus
- Any Atelier game (my favourites are Totori & Meruru)
- Demon Gaze (I'd try this one before Operation Abyss, but if you are after that game, I wrote a review here)
- The Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;bith games (I wrote about the first one here)
- Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (review here if you're interested)
- Lost Dimension (review here if you're interested)
- Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
- Soul Sacrifice Delta (easily the best hunting game on Vita)
- Tales of Hearts R (review here if you're interested)
- Ys: Memories of Celceta

A couple of the above games have PS3 versions, but most of them have additional content and/or changes on Vita that make them worth buying for the handheld over home console.

In terms of third-person shooters, your choice is vastly more limited, but I'd still suggest:

- Earth Defence Force 2/2017 (review of the latter here if you're interested)
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Force (review here if you're interested - it's not solely a TPS but features those mechanics)
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss
- Unit 13

You'll also have access to a back-catalog of PSP & PS1 games that I'd recommend sifting through, but if you already played them on those respective consoles then I suppose that loses some of the luster.

I actually completely forgot Lost Dimension released on the Vita. That's one that is definitely on my list. Thanks for the reminder! :D

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Xen said:

That is honestly not a good recommendation at all with it coming to PS4/PC in an improved version...

All of those but Severed have come to PS4 in improved versions.

To be fair, there's a large difference between a platform improvement (higher resolution and detail on PS4 vs Switch/Vita like Wipeout) and things like added content (which is the case for Tokyo Xanadu, Ys VIII). 

I almost always pick option with most content, but choose the platform based on the type of game rather than the highest resolution.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Grats! The Vita is secretely a really good system. It's been declared dead years ago, but it keeps getting more and more games. It has an incredible library worth exploring.

Fededx said:

And you're entitled to your opinion, but in a thread where the OP says he wants recommendations for RPG's and third-person shooters, your response was he to talk about Switch (which he already has and said he wants to get a Vita anyway). I mean, what RPG's and third-person shooters would you recommend on Switch lol?

Did you read the OP, or did you just read the thread title; jump in and start spouting about Switch?

AsGryffynn said:

You should review Celceta next, but perhaps someone did review it and I just didn't see it. 

I fully intend to, it was just a game that I completed before I started writing reviews haha.