By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - About to buy a PSVita

Arminillo said:
AsGryffynn said:

I would reconsider, but if you insist, I think adding SEVEN, Memories of Celceta and even the new Lacrimosa of Dana, all YS games, should be a priority. They are far more solid than Persona and Tales of Hearts. Also, avoid Neptunia unless you like shovelware. 

And naturally add the FF remasters if you don't have them. Download every KZ you find as well so you don't suffer console degradation... 

I dont think you know what shovelware is

Well, according to many gamers... Every single piece of burning shite brought to yours by IF... 

Around the Network

Gosh, I was trying to give him a hand, you want the freaking handheld, go buy it, as I've said, it's a beautiful handheld. Jeez, why is everyone so upset.
And btw, I bought my switch two months ago, and still has the same first charge. Why? Because it still has nothing I want to play on it. Zelda I've completed it on wiiu, arms is not my type of game, and those are the only two I have. So? What's the big deal? Is it on to say my opinion? Or are you all gonna be responding why the switch is amazing?

Here are a few of the many that I really enjoyed. Happy gaming on the amazing Vita.

1) Severed
2) Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
3) Child Of Light
4) Salt & Sanctuary
5) Axiom Verge
6) Teslagrad
7) Bastion
8) Limbo
9 ) Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time
10) Tearaway

TheBraveGallade said:
StarOcean said:

If you're a handheld enthusiast than it is worth it. Especially when the Switch is a pathetic handheld. That battery life is garbage. The 3DS/Vita are better options until they fix the Switch

If the switch is panthetic both the original vita and 3ds are as well.they barely last longer. It also means the last true handheld was the DS with its freaking 10 hour battery life

I know the Switch is your newest play toy and you'll do anything to defend it, but be real. Like, seriously. 3 hours is shit. I'm the biggest handheld enthusiast on this website. I own every handheld. And very few are as abysmal as the Switch's battery life. Using "whatabout"isms is a sign of a weak argument. You can't justify that the Switch has a shit battery and so you go after handhelds with bad battery lifes, but still 50% better than the Switch. When the next Nintendo handheld comes out and its battery life is an hour and a half, will you consider that good too? Its battery is bad. Other systems having bad batteries doesn't justify the Switch not only being bad, but worse. 

Kresnik said:
Fededx said:
I'm sorry you didn't like my opinion, I was just being honest. I have a vita, with around 8 games, bought it years ago, I just talked about my experience. I love my dragons crown, muramasa, ffx and x2, gravity rush and Odin Sphere. But that's all there is for me. I don't like visual novels and Japanese games. I was hoping for much more, and even gravity rush 2 was moved. Still think it's a beauty, but for me it's got no games I'm interested in. That's it, I'm sorry if it hurts. Just an opinion, the handheld is beautiful. If you love those games, go and enjoy them, give your vita the love it deserves!

And you're entitled to your opinion, but in a thread where the OP says he wants recommendations for RPG's and third-person shooters, your response was he to talk about Switch (which he already has and said he wants to get a Vita anyway). I mean, what RPG's and third-person shooters would you recommend on Switch lol?

Did you read the OP, or did you just read the thread title; jump in and start spouting about Switch?

AsGryffynn said:

You should review Celceta next, but perhaps someone did review it and I just didn't see it. 

I fully intend to, it was just a game that I completed before I started writing reviews haha.

Splatoon 2, Mario + Rabbids: Battle Kingdom, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Dragon Quest XI, Project Octopath Traveller, Fire Emblem Switch, Shin Megami Tensei V, Next Pokémon generation, Skyrim: Special Edition, Battle Chasers, etc. 

Sure, most still need to come out, but they're coming out regardless. Vita mostly received low budget RPGs, so if you're looking for big budget RPGs on the go you will need a Nintendo Switch.  

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network

I bought my psvita a few months ago and I never regretted a moment that I bought it!! I have about 20 games on the vita like ollieollie (skating game) uncharted (a third person shooter) and a lot more! If you want some good games: look at the yt channel '2old4gaming'. He only makes videos about upcoming vita games. No matter what people say about the vita, I still think it's the best handheld ever.

I'm gonna throw this out there. Super Stardust Delta. Feckin' amazing!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

hey there, some of my favourites are freedom wars, soul sacrifice, tearaway, danganronpa (great series), killzone mercenary, modnation racers (although if have switch get Mario kart instead), uncharted, dragons crown (might be hard to get now), unit 13 (under rated), everybody's golf, dynasty warriors next, rayman games are both great on vita, sly cooper, little big planet etc, that's all that comes up straight away but yea a lot of hidden gems

I highly recommend Killzone if you want a shooter. AC: Liberation is also suprisingly good. The 2 Rayman games and Dragon's Crown are also great.

LittleBigPlanet Vita is a pretty good game. LBP3 for PS4 suffered with connection issues and with generally lackuster new creation tools. That was surprising for me, because it was made by the same studio of LBP Vita. The portable game is a completely different beast: great performance and loading times plus a wide array of touch based creation tools that are actually fun and usefull instead of the PS4 BS they came up with. Also, the Vita version doesn't play the old LBP1/2 levels and the new ones are all Vita-exclusive. So you will actually get access to a lot of levels (and there are really a lot of them) that can't be played on PS3/4.

I would also recommend getting Tearaway. It's maybe the best Vita game. The PS4 version didn't had the rear touchpad functionality and so it is just a pale shadow of the original game.

My last advice is: keep a look at flash sales. I got Hot Shots Golf for 1 dollar, Garou for 3 and so on.

Edit: people already did it, but I have to say it. Persona 4 Golden is mandatory, really amazing game. It actually has new characters and dozens of hours of extra content when compared to the PS2 version. Marie is a new character that has a long, long plot and it's only in the Vita version.

Wipeout 2048! Holy flurking shcnidt! My favorite game in the series!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."