By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Poll: My favorite Japanese developer is..

come on dude
don't act like that
must nintendo always be everywhere, all the time?

show some love for the industry instead of only for nintendo.. :)

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network
Ajax said:
Your poll seems to be more about the best publisher rather than the best developer. None of those companies hold a candle to Treasure, but since they are not big enough to publish their own games no one cares about them. I am always extremely saddened when I realize just how much credit the general public will give to publishers who sometimes have nothing at all to do with the game development.

i understand what you mean
but this is just not the poll for Treasure and Natsume and the like..
i hope you understand what i mean
I think we're wondering why this isn't the poll for them? I happen to like Treasure a lot more than Konami, so why would Konami get a place and not Treasure? Also why would Enix, whom were almost entirely known as a publisher be on this list? Is there a reason you excluded most Japanese developers from this list, barring Nintendo and Sony of course because I understand your stance on that issue.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

dude
if i would have put all the japanese developers in that list
that list would have been 6 times as extensive
ok
it's not a purist list, i'll admit that
but as is with all polls, limitation is needed cause there are so many people with so many ideas that you try to make a short list of the most likely contenders..

''Hadouken!''

Capcom

"Like you know"

Ahhh man its hard , but Im going with Capcom . RE , Dino Crisis and DMC just left on me a way to big impression . Than Konami and than Namco .... or SE . But Sega is deffintaly the last :(

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Capcom - Square - konami

I voted, and you should know what I voted for.

mM

capcom ftw!

Enix has 0 LOL.

why isnt nintendo there?

Ajax said:
dude
if i would have put all the japanese developers in that list
that list would have been 6 times as extensive
ok
it's not a purist list, i'll admit that
but as is with all polls, limitation is needed cause there are so many people with so many ideas that you try to make a short list of the most likely contenders..
Yeah but your list is lopsided. All of these Japanese developers are just the best known names, not necessarily the best developers. Why include Enix? There's a reason no one is voting for them. Treasure created Castlevania, Contra, Gunstar Heroes, Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun and many other highly reviewed and loved titles. Nippon Ichi and Atlus are both modern days heroes of Japanese development(and publishers). You don't need to include every Japanese developer, but at least include the ones that matter.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I voted