By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Poll: My favorite Japanese developer is..

Ajax said:
you could consider one game or one series not enough to consider a developer good or great

but at least you could poetically say that at one point in past they were the best at one moment,
like you could say that when Rare released GoldenEye, that they at that moment where the best developers of the world..

ehh.. or does that not make sense..

You can but when looking at a poll you look at the collective work and running through Capcom's list and then Natsume's list doesn't leave much interpretation on which is better...by far.

As far as you Soriku, I don't know whether Monolith Soft owns the rights to Xenosaga. I suppose it doesn't really matter since the series has ended anyways. It does seem likely they do since they managed to move the series from developer Squaresoft to developer Namco without any known hurdles. It still counts towards Namco development though because Monolith Soft was 94% owned by Namco at the time and are now 80% owned by Nintendo, according to wikipedia.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

of course

but Lufia II is just so amazingly good

:)

''Hadouken!''

Soriku said:
According to Wikipedia it says Monolith Soft made Xenosaga and published by Namco. So I guess they own the series. Plus what you said just adds to the fact they DO own it.

They should have put KOS-MOS in Brawl. Maybe as an assist trophy if not a full-blown character.

It wouldn't have fit. Xenosaga isn't even that infamous in RPG circles, let alone as a standalone third party character in Brawl. Snake and Sonic made it because they're so well known. If any RPG character would have made it, you know it would have been Cloud.

As far as Monolith owning the rights to the Xeno series I'm pretty sure they do. Considering they killed it however I don't see any reason to wonder. Monolith would be better off trying to build new IPs for Nintendo because there's a good chance they're going to be parked there for quite a while. 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I am going for Square, their games have been dropping a bit in quailty but many of their games on the SNES and PS1 were really good

I voted SquareSOFT - Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, & X, Chrono Cross, and Brave Fencer Musashi were my childhood. Only PlayStation (well, and an early PS2 release).

Then it would have been Capcom - Megaman 8, Megaman Legends 1 & 2 were also part of my childhood.

Sony will prevail. My 60 gig says so.

PlayStation 3 Games:

- Rock Band
- Rock Band 2
- Soulcalibur IV
- LittleBigPlanet
- Guitar Hero: World Tour

Around the Network

Since I can't vote for Nintendo, I vote Capcom.

Ninty

sqare-enix without a doubt

segajon said:
sqare-enix without a doubt
Can you tell me ONE good game SquareENIX has made, excluding the ones that have a connection to SquareSOFT titles? I have yet to think of one.

Sony will prevail. My 60 gig says so.

PlayStation 3 Games:

- Rock Band
- Rock Band 2
- Soulcalibur IV
- LittleBigPlanet
- Guitar Hero: World Tour