By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware And Software 29 July 2017

400,000 systems sold that week for Nintendo. Crazy.

Hi

Around the Network
leyendax69 said:
I wonder if the PS4 will be above 3DS by january considering it is still selling decently. Either way should be close

Oh, easily. The gap between the two systems has shrunk from 9.5 million units at the end of 2016, to 3.5 million units at the end of July. That means the PS4 has been closing at a rate of 860,000 units a month. By January the PS4 will be above the 3DS by more than 2 million units.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
leyendax69 said:
I wonder if the PS4 will be above 3DS by january considering it is still selling decently. Either way should be close

Oh, easily. The gap between the two systems has shrunk from 9.5 million units at the end of 2016, to 3.5 million units at the end of July. That means the PS4 has been closing at a rate of 860,000 units a month. By January the PS4 will be above the 3DS by more than 2 million units.

I thought so, holidays should be insane for PS4!

Damn PS4 sales are tremendous, PS4 is really a non-stopping beast in the chart!

StarDoor said:
VGPolyglot said:
Is this because of Dragon Quest XI? I don't see why else the sales would be this high.

Yeah, it's Dragon Quest XI.

Most probably because the New 2DS XL got released on the 28th... not so much for DQXI I think..

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

Around the Network
Tryklon said:
StarDoor said:

Yeah, it's Dragon Quest XI.

Most probably because the New 2DS XL got released on the 28th... not so much for DQXI I think..

3DS sold ~130k in Japan alone this week. 2DS XL launched in Japan on the 13th of July, and 3DS sales in that week were just 57k. 2DS XL launched in NA and Europe this week, but 3DS sales between those two regions were 70k at most, since 130k of 3DS sales were from Japan. This was because of DQXI, not 2DS XL.

Xen said:
To anybody wondering at the PS4 vs XBO ratios, I advise you to the 3DS vs PSV ratio, at a whopping 25:1, eek.

Oh fuck! 

Nintendo had a great week! Almost 400k! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The New 2DS XL didn´t give any boost to the 3DS in the USA and only 1K more in EUR, how can this be? :/

I wonder if PS4 will ever get to 5-1 over the XBO on any given week? I'm thinking....maybe? Ridiculously close this week.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
I wonder if PS4 will ever get to 5-1 over the XBO on any given week? I'm thinking....maybe? Ridiculously close this week.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41693/Global/

Granted, that was its launch week in Japan.