By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Will Not Go Multiplatform

Tagged games:

Well, they did say consoles, nothing yet on PC, but if SE wants to go back on working with Nvidia and anything else in the future for the platform...

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Ever since I heard the arcade version was based on a PS4 board, which apparently helped them improve the graphics, and the game used the Playstation buttons, I expected we wouldn't see it on other consoles. But PC seems plausible.

Yep. The arcade version is literally a  customized PS4 plugged into screen with its controller.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

vivster said:
Too bad. Might have checked it out on PC.

Wouldn't it be great if there was just one platform? Then everyone could enjoy every game.

Surprising to see such a comment on this type of website. Only pc gamers feel entitled to have all the games in the world. I've never seen a ps owner bitching about Zelda not being on PS4.

Chazore said:
Well, they did say consoles, nothing yet on PC, but if SE wants to go back on working with Nvidia and anything else in the future for the platform...

I know it won't happen...but I'm hoping this at least gives SE a hint that by working with Koei on this game (and Koei's ideals to make a quality exclusive game with Sony) that SE might want to try just focusing on one platform to get their bigger games out on;  As opposed to focusing on so many other platforms and having their resources spread so thinly having their games take longer to develop. 

Sony would support SE's big FF exclusives very well giving them publicity and helping with the production costs as they always did in the past.

Lube Me Up

That's an invalid reason. You don't make games to honor a platform. You make games for profit.

Around the Network

Sounds good, most people who like Final Fantasy already have a PS4 or plan to buy one eventually.

Call me old fashioned but i like consoles having unique libraries.

It's probably going to get a PC port though.

PEEPer0nni said:
vivster said:

Wouldn't it be great if there was just one platform? Then everyone could enjoy every game.

Surprising to see such a comment on this type of website. Only pc gamers feel entitled to have all the games in the world. I've never seen a ps owner bitching about Zelda not being on PS4.

Not directly, but most of the "Nintendo should go third party" comments are basically that.

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
Chazore said:

I know it won't happen...but I'm hoping this at least gives SE a hint that by working with Koei on this game (and Koei's ideals to make a quality exclusive game with Sony) that SE might want to try just focusing on one platform to get their bigger games out on;  As opposed to focusing on so many other platforms and having their resources spread so thinly having their games take longer to develop. 

Sony would support SE's big FF exclusives very well giving them publicity and helping with the production costs as they always did in the past.

Then by that logic, they should abandon all platforms and stay exclusive to Sony, which isn't really a good idea for those wanting to play those FF games on their respective platforms.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Fantastic news!

PEEPer0nni said:
vivster said:

Because console players are used to exclusivity and have already been taught well by their platform overlords that wanting choice is a no no. Because choice means less money for their platform overlords and that makes them owy.

Also, I don't know what about wanting to play all games without being forced through arbitrary hoops is entitlement. As if exclusivity isn't an inherently consumer unfriendly scheme to squeeze out more money and forcing people into an eco system.

Yeah, but show me a single console owner that would rather play exclusive games on another platform than the one they already own. Look at how happy Switch owners are about all the ports. Could it be that it's a good thing to get more games on the platform you own? Nah, that's just stupid entitlement. We must be beholden to the platform holders. And when they say we cannot have a game because they say so, we should be damn well pleased with that. And if we complain, it's down into the console dungeon where we will be flailed by proprietary controllers that use generic APIs but will for some magic reason not work on other platforms. AND WE WILL BE GOD DAMN HAPPY ABOUT THAT!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.