By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Will Not Go Multiplatform

Tagged games:

Azuren said:
vivster said:
Too bad. Might have checked it out on PC.

Wouldn't it be great if there was just one platform? Then everyone could enjoy every game.

Wouldn't it be great if there was just one race? Then everyone could enjoy listening to Disturbed.

Gotta be honest, this was way funnier than it should have been x'D!

PEEPer0nni said:
vivster said:

Wouldn't it be great if there was just one platform? Then everyone could enjoy every game.

Surprising to see such a comment on this type of website. Only pc gamers feel entitled to have all the games in the world. I've never seen a ps owner bitching about Zelda not being on PS4.

No, but I have seen Xbox One fans bitching about having Xbox One games on PC.

PhatChips said:
That's an invalid reason. You don't make games to honor a platform. You make games for profit.

The "money" has been in Playstation almost entirely this generation. Final Fantasy XV proved that. And they've already gone after near-exclusivity with stuff like Kingdom Hearts collection or Nier Automata. Although I feel like Nier's success on PC should motivate Square to put more games on Steam, don't know what's up with that.

Around the Network

Dissidia, and Dissidia 012 is exclusive on Sony handheld device since 2008.

If you're still holding out and waiting on those two then expect nothing different with Dissidia NT. Don't hold your breath tho.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
think-man said:

Bad news for anyone that was holding out for this to come to other platforms.

Those that might have been for Final Fantasy Dissidia NT to go to other platforms will be waiting a long time! Dualshockers reports that Dissidia NT will not be making its way to other consoles. Producer Ichiro Hazama states that they want to honor the relationship they have with Sony involving the game, which makes sense considering that even the arcade version of Dissidia NT was built with PlayStation 4 technology.

Here’s the statement from Dualshockers:

At Gamescom in Cologne, DualShockers had a chat with Producer Ichiro Hazama and Director Takeo Kujiraoka, and we asked if the team is considering an expansion of other platforms.

Hazama-san mentioned that the team isn’t thinking about any other platforms at the moment. They want to make sure that the relationship with Sony Interactive Entertainment is honored and that the game is perfected into the best it can be before considering anything else.

Takeo Kujiraoka also has more to add about the PlayStation 4 Pro enhancements for Dissidia NT:

Speaking of PS4, Kujiraoka-san also promised that there are going to be improvements for the game on PS4 Pro, but at this stage he isn’t able to provide more details. All he can say is that the game is going to look more beautiful on Sony’s souped-up console. That being said, both PS4 and PS4 Pro will run the game at 60 frames-per-second.

Source: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/09/12/dissidia-final-fantasy-nt-multiplatform/#JObPsfGgxxg7ThIi.99

"Those that might have been for Final Fantasy Dissidia NT to go to other platforms will be waiting a long time!"

It's always a waiting game with you Square, isn't it?

vivster said:

Still working on your communist regime vision for the rest of us?  Yeah, one brand with no choice for the consumer sounds like a dream come true...

PhatChips said:
That's an invalid reason. You don't make games to honor a platform. You make games for profit.

This ^

Producer can say whatever he wants. If SE believes it can significantly improve its bottom line by porting this to another system, then it don't matter what the producer wants to honor.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
vivster said:

Sounds like commy talk. We need less of that seeping into gaming.

Commy talk?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

irstupid said:
PhatChips said:

This ^

Producer can say whatever he wants. If SE believes it can significantly improve its bottom line by porting this to another system, then it don't matter what the producer wants to honor.

I guess it really depends how much Sony was involved with the project, if they have invested money into it then they could have some say on the matter.

Not a surprise, but it would be nice to get a PC port eventually for the longevity.

Excellent. More diversity in the library.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Chazore said:
John2290 said:

Sounds like commy talk. We need less of that seeping into gaming.

Commy talk?.

Communist talk. 

I do find it odd that so many people are asking for less competition, because that's how your end product gets better.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.