By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct with 45 minutes focused on Switch and 3ds announced for September 13

Very strong Direct! Made me realize how much is coming to the console until the end of 2017! Very impressive first year (even more so if you compare to Wii U).

Played a bit of the terribly named Octopath game and I know I'm going to LOVE it!

Edit: That Mario Party game NEEDS to get a release on Switch as well!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

December 1st! FUCK YES!!! 

I don't even understand why people thought Smash would show up ... let alone WANTED it. Like I get it, Smash is great and unique. But I don't really think a remaster would be what i'd want, rather would have a nice long wait till Smash 5. Plus, we have 3 big exclusives coming out and a remaster, even if FE and XB2 won't be huge system sellers they'll sell systems and Odyssey will just confirm all stock being sold out for the Switch. Smash would clog up the system.

This direct confirmed to me that this is the best first year of a console. Seriously, someone needs to make a thread about this. It's amazing how we went from "Holy shit switch has like 3 games this year" in January to "Holy shit this is epic"

Also, I believe they confirmed that the Zelda loot in Skyrim is able to be found in game without amiibo? Or did I misunderstand that?

leedlelee said:
So nobody else feels like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 releasing this year is actually the surprise of the century???

I was more surprised that they made civilization on backs of Titans!(one even inside of a titan), I mean, instead of the traditional continents, they made use of huge living creatures, was this ever done before? maybe, ah who cares, I'm still in awe with that and with how big the game is and better looking designs than XCX(for me atleast).

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I don't even understand why people thought Smash would show up ... let alone WANTED it. Like I get it, Smash is great and unique. But I don't really think a remaster would be what i'd want, rather would have a nice long wait till Smash 5. Plus, we have 3 big exclusives coming out and a remaster, even if FE and XB2 won't be huge system sellers they'll sell systems and Odyssey will just confirm all stock being sold out for the Switch. Smash would clog up the system.

This direct confirmed to me that this is the best first year of a console. Seriously, someone needs to make a thread about this. It's amazing how we went from "Holy shit switch has like 3 games this year" in January to "Holy shit this is epic"

I'm genuinely bewildered by all the people in the conpetitive Smash scene on Twitter acting like Smash was a given...

Both a Smash 4 port and Smash 5 would have been harmful for the very young competitive Smash 4 scene, so all those Smashers being upset is confusing, seeing as a new Smash would divert attention from a developing meta game, and a poet would result in stagnation as competitive Smash 4 migrated to Switch at a pace determined by Nintendo's ability to stock consoles...

And then you get the Melee fans who only play the other Smash titles so they can talk about how they can't compare to Melee...

Have a nice day...

Nuvendil said:
Also, I believe they confirmed that the Zelda loot in Skyrim is able to be found in game without amiibo? Or did I misunderstand that?

That's how I interpreted it too.

Sunstrider said:
leedlelee said:
So nobody else feels like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 releasing this year is actually the surprise of the century???

I was more surprised that they made civilization on backs of Titans!(one even inside of a titan), I mean, instead of the traditional continents, they made use of huge living creatures, was this ever done before? maybe, ah who cares, I'm still in awe with that and with how big the game is and better looking designs than XCX(for me atleast).

Well... it was done before... in Xenoblade Chronicles.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Sunstrider said:

Well... it was done before... in Xenoblade Chronicles.

Okay I thought you said XCX, never played the original. XD

Xenoblade 2's world just looks sooooo amazing and the combat looks interesting. I'm really hyped even if I still don't have the Switch :P.
Super Mario Odyssey just looks GLORIOUS, the game will be something special.
I think Project Octopath looks really interesting, I really like art-style and I like that you can see the story from the perspective of different characters, hopefully the story is engaging (not like Bravely default's...). The combat looks good too.