By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct with 45 minutes focused on Switch and 3ds announced for September 13

And we're back.

VGC, stop doing that!

Around the Network
ChrnoTodd said:
VGPolyglot said:
Are we back? For fucks sake VGC

I thought it was only with me xD

NINTENDO DID IT AGAIN BOOOOOOOOIZ

Rather mediocre direct, but still not bad

Bandorr said:
JRPGfan said:

I called that forever ago... it made too much sense not to, have a mario bundle this year.

I got alot of people saying "no that wont happend" or "they dont have too, they re selling out anyways".

I saw that bundle from a mile away. The question is the price. We talking $460 (or $480 like the most recent bundle). $400(IE a "free game") or lower than $400?

I think we can rule out the lower than $400.  infact I'd probably rule out the $400 and a game.

The Switch is only $300.00 so I think you mean $360 for the bundle, which is will be no doubt. They are not going to give the game away free.

Doom and Wolf 2 on the Switch, now that's huge shock. But the performance and the price are might be questionable.

Doom and Wolf 3D on the GBA over again.

Around the Network

Well I for one thought this was a very strong direct.  Yeah a lot of focus on stuffwe knew about but some great showings.  The new worlds teased in Odyssey look amazing.  A lot of people moaned over Xenoblade for some reason here but I am ao pumped as they showed the one thing I was waiting to see and that's the awesome environments we would explore.  And seriously, voice acting isn't bad.  Better than E3.  Still just ok though.  Those who say it is terrible need to be forced to play games that actually DO have terrible voice acting.  This is serviceable.  Still hope for dual audio for those that prefer it.  Octopath Traveler looks excellent, Kirby looks awesome.  

But Doom and Wolfenstein 2?  If you had asked me to name games I thought might come from 3rd parties, those would never have made the list.  I thought for CERTAIN Doom wouldn't run.  Those two games were a huge surprise.

I am very pleased.

Thoughts.

Wish Mario Party 100 was coming to Switch. Another odd choice for 3DS game. Same as when Mario Golf has been on 3DS and not a system with 'motion control' option

Xenoblade, again not the best promotion, but doesn't matter to me. I was sold day 1, and each thing makes it look better. I'm sure it will be amazing. Also haven't gotten Pro controller yet, thinking might have found one to get.

Octopath Traveler: That graphics style is just amazing and so cool. Also looks like a really cool evolution of the turn based battle system. Can't wait for this game. Plus Demo, awesome. Gotta try that out.

Doom & Wolfenstein II: Really, wow did not see that coming. Not a huge FPS fan, but can appreciate it

Skyrim: Not gonna get, cause played it to death already, but good promo imo. Clever way of reminding people that even if you played it before, with how customizable each character is and so on each playthrough is 'new'

Dragon Quest Builders: Not a Minecraft fan, but this looks like a cleaner version of that game. If I were a Minecraft fan I would for sure get this game. Looks cool.

Atlus bringing the RPG's to the 3DS. Wish was the Switch, but oh well. In time.

Cool updates to both Arms and Splatoon 2

Sniperclips + is cool. Havne't played first cause don't have someone to play with, but want to. Glad to see its getting more DLC. Cool concept

Super Mario. Is there anything else to say? The game looks amazing. At E3 it blew me away and this spotlight made the E3 trailer look bleh.

Overall I liked the Direct. Those disappointed had too high expectations, hoping to see the big 2018 games. Or else they were a bandwagon Smashboy.

So nobody else feels like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 releasing this year is actually the surprise of the century???

Have a nice day...

Nuvendil said:

Well I for one thought this was a very strong direct.  Yeah a lot of focus on stuffwe knew about but some great showings.  The new worlds teased in Odyssey look amazing.  A lot of people moaned over Xenoblade for some reason here but I am ao pumped as they showed the one thing I was waiting to see and that's the awesome environments we would explore.  And seriously, voice acting isn't bad.  Better than E3.  Still just ok though.  Those who say it is terrible need to be forced to play games that actually DO have terrible voice acting.  This is serviceable.  Still hope for dual audio for those that prefer it.  Octopath Traveler looks excellent, Kirby looks awesome.  

But Doom and Wolfenstein 2?  If you had asked me to name games I thought might come from 3rd parties, those would never have made the list.  I thought for CERTAIN Doom wouldn't run.  Those two games were a huge surprise.

I am very pleased.

I think most of the dub complaints are due ot the audio not exactly matching the mouth movements, which in most cases it was a voiceover with someone on screens mouth moving. In the actual game that person won't be saying that, and thus it won't be as jarring. IMO at least.

leedlelee said:
So nobody else feels like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 releasing this year is actually the surprise of the century???

No. I said before I think in this thread that the soundtrack was announced as finished a month or two ago. At E3, the guys talked about how they were close to finishing the translation. There was nothing to indicate the game needed more time to finish.