By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Pewdiepie Drops the N word on a Livestream

This is definitely news worthy..

God help us all... >_<

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network

I don't think Pewds should have said the word with the er but I don't get why people think its racist. We don't know if the player hr used the word on is black on the first place.

Meh. I say shit all the time around my friends. Obviously no intent of being racist just 100% jokes. I know its not as terrible but I get called shit and dont really care.

VGPolyglot said:

Now, if I did own Google would be opening up a lot more variables, so it's very hard to even answer that. We're adding hypotheticals on top of hypotheticals. Are we talking about what I'd ideally do if I owned Google? Or what would realistically be done?

I mean if you had complete control over what happened.

Why is this news?

Black people kill and rape white people every day. He said the N word....so?

Moderated ~ CGI

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:

Some things shouldn't be on the internet. I wouldn't want a website for pedophiles to have a safe zone, and I wouldn't be fond of any website where people plan attacks on innocent people

Unfortuantely pedophiles do have a safe zone on the internet already

I am also talking about things that are legal. As far as talking about being a pedophile I do not think you can touch (though it is creepy and distrubing) but if you are talking about actually posting images/etc. of the goings on I do fully agree it should be taken down and they should be prosecuted. 

If he had called the opponent's mother a cunt, nobody would have cared. Snowflakes need to chill down.

CGI-Quality said:
Birimbau said:

If he had called the opponent's mother a cunt, nobody would have cared. Snowflakes need to chill down.

Of course, because calling someone's mother a "cunt" isn't in the same ballpark as using the most widly disliked racial slur in America.

Just recently I realized how this word triggers people in america. Some black guy in Korea was filmed making a mess in a buss because he heard a korean calling "nigga" (actually he called the korean word niga (니가) which means you).

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=135_1314585645

Also I see lots of black people kpop fans that get triggered by some korean expressions because they sound similar to the n-word like (네가 왔업) - (niga wasseop) which is usually missheard by nigga whats up.

TopCat8 said:
Chrizum said:

Not trying to bust your balls or anything. I just don't think it's fair to claim black people are X or Y. Or white people, asians, martians, whatever. Saying n*gga can be thoroughly offensive, it can be a joke, it can be anything depending on context. I know black people that don't find it offensive at all (using it themselves occasionally).

I can understand people to be offended by it if it's directed at someone. Being offended by some dude swearing at a videogame? Well you're gonna have a bad time all the time if that's what gets you riled up (not directed specifically at you).

None of my posts singled out Black people or any other race...yours did...over and over again. I also totally agree with the last bolded statement. Anyone can say whatever they want, and shouldn't be censored or punished for it. Like I said before, ignorant or racist people (and their defenders) make me feel better about myself as a human being.

Hey come on man don't be like that. I literaly responded to making a blank statement about black people. What I'm saying is that skin color shouldn't matter to anyone as it's all about context.

SpokenTruth said:
contestgamer said:

Here comes the literal thought police now.

Here comes the late to the party repost from page 1 about a topic already addressed.

Was it addressed? Because I'm pretty sure you just pretended it wasn't a thing.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames