By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Pewdiepie Drops the N word on a Livestream

Chrizum said:
TopCat8 said:

I don't personally get offended by the word. I just would view that person (and his defenders) as ignorant or racist, and I feel better about myself in the process.

Then I think it's safe to assume that you haven't had much actual interaction with black people playing videogames... (hint: they swear with the N-word all the time).

I'm not sure of your point here...

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:

I'd care, because he has a very large following, so if he deicded he wanted to promote Nazism he'd be able to reach out to many people.

Not supporting Nazism in any way but it does not matter if you care. He can do whatever he wants within the realms of the streaming services rules. 

WIth this said I can not stand him and you are free to not watch him if he does things you do not like but censorship is wrong. If you do not agree with someone then go somewhere else. 

lol, comon.. there is only one way to say that for a white man

jiesh..

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

rolltide101x said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'd care, because he has a very large following, so if he deicded he wanted to promote Nazism he'd be able to reach out to many people.

Not supporting Nazism in any way but it does not matter if you care. He can do whatever he wants within the realms of the streaming services rules. 

WIth this said I can not stand him and you are free to not watch him if he does things you do not like but censorship is wrong. If you do not agree with someone then go somewhere else. 

Ignoring it isn't going to make things better.

Soundwave said:
Azuren said:

I quite simply don't believe you. Argue all you want- I'm not buying it.

With a hard "er", nope. It's not like there's any situation where I couldn't possibly not say it. 

Uh huh.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
rolltide101x said:

It is not your place to make things better. People have a right to what ever opinion they choose to have. It 100% does not matter if we agree with them or not

With this said I do not think it is proper for anyone to use the "N" word. I it does make me dislike him more than I already did (hard to believe) but it is not our place to try and censor him but to move on and if enough people do that then it will die.

rolltide101x said:
VGPolyglot said:

It is not your place to make things better. People have a right to what ever opinion they choose to have. It 100% does not matter if we agree with them or not

With thinking like that, nothing will ever improve.

VGPolyglot said:

What do you want to be improved? Better censorship? 

Everyone has a right to their views and to say what ever they want to say. 

rolltide101x said:
VGPolyglot said:

What do you want to be improved? Better censorship? 

Everyone has a right to their views and to say what ever they want to say. 

Less Nazism is a good thing. Of course, this all started from a hypothetical in the first place.

TopCat8 said:
Chrizum said:

Then I think it's safe to assume that you haven't had much actual interaction with black people playing videogames... (hint: they swear with the N-word all the time).

I'm not sure of your point here...

Not trying to bust your balls or anything. I just don't think it's fair to claim black people are X or Y. Or white people, asians, martians, whatever. Saying n*gga can be thoroughly offensive, it can be a joke, it can be anything depending on context. I know black people that don't find it offensive at all (using it themselves occasionally).

I can understand people to be offended by it if it's directed at someone. Being offended by some dude swearing at a videogame? Well you're gonna have a bad time all the time if that's what gets you riled up (not directed specifically at you).