By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Pewdiepie Drops the N word on a Livestream

monocle_layton said:
His channel is meant to be edgy, right? Then let him say whatever he wants. He can turn his channel into a nazi platform and I couldn't care less.

I don't need to watch his channel, so he's free to do as he pleases. Anyone who criticizes Disney's decision however would be hypocritical, as free speech goes both ways

If I'm not mistaken, no one really ever criticized Disney directly. I remember most criticism bring aimed at the journalists that went around PewDiePie and convinced Disney that he was anti-Semitic.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

If you're talking about the hitler shit, that wasn't slip ups, they were intentional Jokes. They were fine. 

The only thing I agree with is him being fired from Disney, not because he's a bad person, but because he's an adult and he is able to make his own branding decisions.

That makes it worse I'd say. I meant slip-up as in he did something he shouldn't have, not in he did it by accident.

Well I think one of them was slightly a slip up

And then I think he made a few hitler jokes. Either way that isn't a bad thing in my book.

So? It was a slip-up.

I'm going to pretend to care and get offended.

Context: He just want to say a bad word because he was frustrated

SpokenTruth said:
How does a slip up make it any better? It still means he thinks the word. It's part of his mental vocabulary.

Well, to be fair, it's a part of alot of people's vocabulary. Some people use it as term of endearment, in a joking manner, as an insult when angry enough (alot of people will use racials slurs to insult others because they know it will get under their skin) or in the racist way.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

Earlier this year Pewds made some anti semi jokes and that sorta caused the adpocalypse.

VGPolyglot said:

He does seem to be making a lot of slip-ups though in regards to race, if you can remember the Death to Jews joke he did beforehand.

If you're talking about the hitler shit, that wasn't slip ups, they were intentional Jokes. They were fine. 

The only thing I agree with is him being fired from Disney, not because he's a bad person, but because he's an adult and he is able to make his own branding decisions.

I like Pewds and watch his video every few days but he has to be more careful when he makes harmful jokes or harmful comments because it affects other Youtubers.

jason1637 said:

I like Pewds and watch his video every few days but he has to be more careful when he makes harmful jokes or harmful comments because it affects other Youtubers.

I don't really have an opinion on whether or not he should censor himself. I do agree he should be careful when saying something he doesn't want to say, but that's such an easy thing to say in hindsight. He probably realizes after how bad this year has been for him to shut up.

I say we tell his mom and put a mark next to his name.

Or we should crucify him , label him a nazi racist and petition to put him in prison. A racist word slipped out on the internet. It doesn't make him a racist but people will blow it out of proportion.

There is real issues in the world. Pewds isint one of them.

VGPolyglot said:
monocle_layton said:
His channel is meant to be edgy, right? Then let him say whatever he wants. He can turn his channel into a nazi platform and I couldn't care less.

I don't need to watch his channel, so he's free to do as he pleases. Anyone who criticizes Disney's decision however would be hypocritical, as free speech goes both ways

I'd care, because he has a very large following, so if he deicded he wanted to promote Nazism he'd be able to reach out to many people.

Well, Youtube would then end his channel. Hooray for free speech.

Azuren said:
monocle_layton said:

If I'm not mistaken, no one really ever criticized Disney directly. I remember most criticism bring aimed at the journalists that went around PewDiePie and convinced Disney that he was anti-Semitic.

Yeah, I don't enjoy being called anti-semitic. Can't imagine how it'd feel to have the media label me as that

monocle_layton said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'd care, because he has a very large following, so if he deicded he wanted to promote Nazism he'd be able to reach out to many people.

Well, Youtube would then end his channel. Hooray for free speech.

End his channel? Black Pigeon Speaks and Thulean Perspective are still around.