By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Pewdiepie Drops the N word on a Livestream

The point is: white people want to use the N word. They think it's cool to insult other races.

BUT GOD FORBID if you insult a white person. Now suddenly the white man is the victim. It's hilarious.

Why can't we just accept when someone is upset by something? Try to work through it, and move on? Why do we have justify when it's "okay" to be an asshole?

Around the Network

Jeez Pewds, can you at least drop the "er" at the end of the word to make it sound less racist?

But seriously, I got no problem with this. It's almost comical how often the n-word is thrown around in popular culture these days but people pretend to get offended whenever a white person utters the word. It's the same thing with the "other" f-word... if it's said by someone other than a member of the LGBT community people flip out.

So apparently in 2017 there are certain words that can only be uttered in public by the people they supposedly represent. What is this, Pokemon???

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

How many people defending this are black themselves? How many people defending this have been called a slur in a hateful way simply for the color of their skin, or orientation, or some other thing out of their control? How many people defending this know the power and historical connotations that the word has and why the use of it is incredibly insensitive and cruel?

Freedom of speech extends to the government having no power against these incidences, as it should be, but a civilized society works together to make sure there's a level of civility that is expected from major voices of society.

(Formerly RCTjunkie)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1NUposXVQ

TargaryenVers2 said:
How many people defending this are black themselves? How many people defending this have been called a slur in a hateful way simply for the color of their skin, or orientation, or some other thing out of their control? How many people defending this know the power and historical connotations that the word has and why the use of it is incredibly insensitive and cruel?

Freedom of speech extends to the government having no power against these incidences, as it should be, but a civilized society works together to make sure there's a level of civility that is expected from major voices of society.

Oh shut up. This whole idea that you have to be actively persecuted to have a real opinion on a word is just stupid. You might not have said that, but that's what you're saying in a round about way. Besides, I don't think Black people actually care about the word much, since they use it in almost every rap song ever. And don't tell me that "They're giving power to the opressive word!" shit. If rappers can understand that the N-word(sorry Louis CK, I don't know the forum rules here) is fine in a certain context, then they can understand that for people of other races. People only care about the word whe it's 1 ) convenient to use to get mad at figures or 2 ) actually offensive, and I don't think this is a case of the latter. Do I think it should be said in every day vernacular? No, but I don't think Pewdiepie is a worse person for saying it.

Moderated ~ CGI

Around the Network

The racist in him is trying to come out of hiding. First the stuff with jew's, then the Nazi's and now with the N word.
We already know what kind of person he is deep inside of him.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

This kid is about as pretentious and fake as they come. Finding out he's a closet racist wouldn't shock me.

LurkerJ said:
And? It's not an offensive word. It has a modern meaning now.

I challenge you to walk onto an (urban) inner city basketball court in any major US city and start calling the black players playing there the N word. I'm sure they'll be happy enough to demonstrate just how totally "inoffenive" it has become.

All -isms need intent to be true. You cannot be "accidentally" racist. Either you are or you are not. Pewdiepie is probably not. No matter how often he says Nigger.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Seriously guys, it's just a word used in a non-racist context, there are bigger problems in the US right now....