By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Pewdiepie Drops the N word on a Livestream

AlfredoTurkey said:
LurkerJ said:
And? It's not an offensive word. It has a modern meaning now.

I challenge you to walk onto an (urban) inner city basketball court in any major US city and start calling the black players playing there the N word. I'm sure they'll be happy enough to demonstrate just how totally "inoffenive" it has become.

I am sure those same thugs would demonstrate their displeasure with my existence regardless of what I say.

The N word has become mainstream thanks to black people promoting it to every possible demographic through pop culture. I am pretty sure if I make a list of currently trending songs, a bunch of them will have the N word.

Forget "stop getting offended and stop giving the N word needless powers", how about "stop promoting them if they are that offensive?"

Around the Network

It's a word people. Relax. It only offends you if you give it meaning. Like any other cuss. Doesn't mean he's racist.

1doesnotsimply

twintail said:
Question, if I say the n word, when it's part of a song, at karaoke etc: is that offensive?

View on YouTube

rakugakist said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1NUposXVQ

LMFAO

1doesnotsimply

Luke888 said:
Seriously guys, it's just a word used in a non-racist context, there are bigger problems in the US right now....

For example plenty of people using it in its intended context.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I challenge you to walk onto an (urban) inner city basketball court in any major US city and start calling the black players playing there the N word. I'm sure they'll be happy enough to demonstrate just how totally "inoffenive" it has become.

I am sure those same thugs would demonstrate their displeasure with my existence regardless of what I say.

The N word has become mainstream thanks to black people promoting it to every possible demographic through pop culture. I am pretty sure if I make a list of currently trending songs, a bunch of them will have the N word.

Forget "stop getting offended and stop giving the N word needless powers", how about "stop promoting them if they are that offensive?"

My point is valid... it is still deeply offensive within certain circles of people regardless of whether or not you think it is, or want it to be so. If you say it, you own the repercussions of saying it. Good, bad... and ugly. 

So unless this kid in question is a fucking moron, he knew better. You know better... I know better. Can you use it? Sure. Can I? Sure... but as long as a mass majorty of black people still feel enraged over people of a different race using it, it's going to be one of those things. 

twintail said:
Question, if I say the n word, when it's part of a song, at karaoke etc: is that offensive?

It's not really in your hands what's offensive and what's not. It's all up to the offended.

So it's better to say nothing at all.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Aura7541 said:
fatslob-:O said:

Well that's their fault for being so weak minded to let a word have such leverage over them ... 

People have to learn to deal with slurs just like I have instead of fearing them for the rest of their lives LOL ... 

Are people going to keep getting offended over a slur and start cwying ? LMAO ... 

It's also a matter of how that word is being used. Using the N word as an insult towards a black person and using the N word to cuss have different intentions and effects.

And yes, I also find it silly to be super offended over a slur. I've been called a chink multiple times in the past and I just shrug it off. The people who throw the slur quickly give up because my lack of response ruins their fun.

You also have to take into account that he has over 50 million subscribers. And who knows how many of those are looking up to him. Even if the intention of him using the word wasn't meant to be racist, some will adapt it and use it without knowing the meaning behind it or not being able to understand why it can be offensive.

And your aren't comparing some random people cursing at you on the street with a popular one, aren't you?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Meh, his intent wasn't to be racist. It doesn't matter.

That may very well be true, but in the current world we live in this makes him "literally HITLER".

This news reminds me of the prior bullshit that happened with him not so long ago, this is a really good video made on the subject.

I've really come around to pewdiepie in the past few months since, he's obviously NOT a racist but the 'er' version is clearly in his vocabulary to come out like that, it's never come out of me in anger like that.

It's not even like it was a 'real' anger which makes it kind of worse.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'