By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumored Sept 13th Direct

I just need a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 release date.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Around the Network

New Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC / updates.
Splatoon 2 news.
New game announced (maybe Pikmin 4).
XBC2 release date.
Pokemon Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon info.
Some BotW DLC info.
Project Giant Robot Deluxe.

I mean, if Nintendo wants to do 2 more Directs this year they better hurry up with the first one, otherwise they might prefer to wait until October/November: I'm positive in the last Direct of the year we will get game announcements for early 2018, as far as we know Kirby and Yoshi are the most likely to be released in the early months of 2018 but the rest of the lineup is unkown, we don't even know what the new Fire Emblem looks like nor do we know what Retro has been working on (although the latter might be E3 2018 material).

I think the most likely announcements would be a release date for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and the Zelda DLC, Pikmin 4 and more details about Kirby and Yoshi

They still have to reveal that Kirby Multiplayer Fighting game for 3DS. And maybe Mario & Sonic 2018?

Animal Crossing announcement!
News on Pikmin 4
Another System update
Complete lineup for FE Warriors
Release date for Xenoblade 2 and Rocket League

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Retro Studios please!!!!!!!!!!!

What you will probably get if this Direct happens : 

-Pokken Tournament 

-Metroid Samus Returns 

-Xenoblade 2 Release Date/Trailer

-Fire Emblem Warriors 

-Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon

-Skyrim(job) Release Date

What you might poooooooooooooooooooossssssssssibbbbbbbly get if this Direct happens :

-System update

-Breath of the Wild Expansion 2 Trailer/Info(I can honestly see this being an entirely different direct)

-Kirby Switch Info

-Yoshi Switch Info

-Super Mario Odyssey(I don't think they really need to show this again)

-Pikmin 4(Kind of unlikely but still somewhat plausible)

What you definitely won't get :

-Virtual Console(Holding off for both the SNES Mini release, and the paid online update)

-Metroid Prime 4 info

-Pokemon Switch info

-"New Kirby 3DS game"(Probably discontinued, or a very late 3DS game that won't be announced till 2018 and released a few months later)

-Rocket League release date(Would probably have been shown at indie presentation, or will just be a quick video on Nintendo's youtube page)

-Animal Crossing Switch(Honestly...why even show this off now? Seems like it would belong in an early 2018 direct, even if the game releases in Summer 2018 Nintendo has shown a clear dedication to announcing games that are coming very soon.)

-Fire Emblem Switch

-Streaming Service Info(Maybe this isn't a safe bet on my part, but I don't think it will be covered here).

They've had an ND in September at some point each year for a while now if that continues it wouldn't be much of a surprise, I can see the following being possible:

- Mario Odyssey Update, as the game is out next month.
- Xenoblade 2 trailer with release date
- BOTW DLC2 trailer and info
- Fire Emblem Warriors Update
- Skyrim Update
- Ultra Sun/Moon Update

September NDs have also been the NDs that have yielded the most surprise announcements as well with Pokemon X/Y, Bayonetta 2, Monster Hunter 4 and such being announced during them so a surprise announcement is not far fetched either.

Virtual Console is the current most glaring omission from Switch right now. I really want to see how the platform turns out.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Azelover said:
Retro Studios please!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they can bring us a remake of Diddy Kong Racing in 2031.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.