By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumored Sept 13th Direct

If they could somehow get Animal Crossing on Switch by early next year it would keep the momentum going like crazy in Japan. That would be a huge system seller for them and its decently popular in the West as well.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
If they could somehow get Animal Crossing on Switch by early next year it would keep the momentum going like crazy in Japan. That would be a huge system seller for them and its decently popular in the West as well.

I have a feeling Animal crossing will be a summer title, released just after E3. This game would be huge indeed on switch, in all territories. 

Think for yourself, question authority

abroZ said:
sethnintendo said:

I have a feeling Animal crossing will be a summer title, released just after E3. This game would be huge indeed on switch, in all territories. 

I'd actually see the title as 2018's big title for the fall season. Fire Emblem would be the summer title.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

KrspaceT said:
abroZ said:

I'd actually see the title as 2018's big title for the fall season. Fire Emblem would be the summer title.

Hmm it could be but I think smash will be their big holiday title. Animal crossing just fits perfectly in summer. Schools are out, all the the kids are out, it's a perfect game to play on the go... 

Think for yourself, question authority

Odyssey Bundle...

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Around the Network

All this talk about Retro Studios, I agree! The sheer length of time that they've been quiet for though, is so unusual. Given that by now, they should have at least been credited with something, like helping develop engines, providing consulting work for other Nintendo studios, etc ... But nope, nothing. Nintendo is investing a lot there, but to what end? Unless it's floundering or something lol.

And they're amazing :D More news about them is always welcome!

abroZ said:
KrspaceT said:

Hmm it could be but I think smash will be their big holiday title. Animal crossing just fits perfectly in summer. Schools are out, all the the kids are out, it's a perfect game to play on the go... 

I see something like april Fire Emblem, july Animal Crossing (as you said fits perfectly in summer and july / august are among the biggest months for vg sales in Japan) and november Smash 5 (perfect for Black Friday seeing its popularity in North America). I also think there'll be a new 2D Super Mario next year (maybe June 1st for Mario Bros' 35 anniversary? just maybe)

TK-Karma said:
All this talk about Retro Studios, I agree! The sheer length of time that they've been quiet for though, is so unusual. Given that by now, they should have at least been credited with something, like helping develop engines, providing consulting work for other Nintendo studios, etc ... But nope, nothing. Nintendo is investing a lot there, but to what end? Unless it's floundering or something lol.

Yeah, its really weird.Lets just hope that they are doing a BOTW thing and comes with a breathtaking game that required all these years to make!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

TK-Karma said:

Not really, they are a tiny studio that releases a game once or twice a generation.

Also, I think people are giving Retro Studios a little too much weight. People say it's because they developed Metroid Prime, but that dev team doesn't actually exist anymore - they had all left the studio about a decade ago. Even much of the original DKC Returns team is no longer there.

Retro Studios 2017 is an almost totally different studio with totally different people than Retro Studios from 2002 to 2008.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

It was real.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile