By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guess Destiny 2's Final Metacritic Score: Currently 84 with 18 reviews (thread over game is good)

Where will the score land?

96 or higher 10 2.79%

90-95 24 6.70%

85-89 87 24.30%

80-84 132 36.87%

75-79 56 15.64%

70-74 21 5.87%

65-69 8 2.23%

60-64 2 0.56%

55-59 1 0.28%

50-54 17 4.75%

Total:358
Mystro-Sama said:
I hope it flops so badly.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Too bad it's already a success, and it's a grat game.

Mystro-Sama said:

flashfire926 said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Why? The game is pretty great and it fixes a lot of errors from the first game.

StarDoor said:
Plerpy_ said:
I'm confused why it's getting lower scores because it's more of the same? Isn't that every sequel ever?

Dark Souls, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted. All have spawned multiple sequels with the exact same UI and gameplay and still get 9/10 scores.

Destiny does the same thing and gets howled down for it. Is it because hating Destiny is cool?

What is your definition of "lower scores"? The original Destiny got a 76. If the sequel ends up at 84, that would be an improvement.

In any case, if the sequel is "more of the same," its quality would be "the same" as the original's 76.

I don't mean lower scores than Destiny 1, I mean having it's score lowered.

"I like D2 and I would have given it an 88 but it's more of the same so I'm giving it an 82." That sort of thing. Or even forgetting scores, just talking about "more of the same" as a negative like no other sequel is more of the same as well.

I've never understood why someone would want a game to flop

Around the Network
Plerpy_ said:
I'm confused why it's getting lower scores because it's more of the same? Isn't that every sequel ever?

Dark Souls, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted. All have spawned multiple sequels with the exact same UI and gameplay and still get 9/10 scores.

Destiny does the same thing and gets howled down for it. Is it because hating Destiny is cool?

That's because those franchises were all 9/10 series from the start. Destiny started out as a 7/10 game. More of the same is only a bad thing if "the same" wasn't that great to begin with. 

jason1637 said:
Mystro-Sama said:

flashfire926 said:

Why? The game is pretty great and it fixes a lot of errors from the first game.

It's bungie who is developing the game, so I have no doubt the gameplay and story moments are great and improved from the first game. 

However fuck Activision and their scummy business practices (having to rent songs in guitar hero live, hiding cod 4 remaster behind infinite Warfare,  releasing cash-in shovel ware movie/TV tie ins, forcing destiny's early adopters to spend $150 to stay up to date, adding supply drops and guns as microtransactions, essentially making cod-multiplayer pay to win, making grinds excessively long to make you buy those very microtransactions,  the list goes on and on. And destiny 2 isn't looking to be any different, seeing things like one-time use shaders and all)

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

VAMatt said:
I've never understood why someone would want a game to flop

Read my post above.

Bet with Intrinsic:

Cerebralbore101 said:
Plerpy_ said:

That's because those franchises were all 9/10 series from the start. Destiny started out as a 7/10 game. More of the same is only a bad thing if "the same" wasn't that great to begin with. 

They're not saying what "the same" is though. Because the worlds are different, skill trees are different, sub classes are different, factions are different, side quests are different, loot is different, story is different, travel is different, pvp is different. free roam activites are different. Almost everything that sucked arse about the first one has been recajiggered into something better.

If by "same" they mean, it's on always online multiplayer shooter then sure. But of course it's core game will remain the same it's a sequel, and every sequel is like that.

I think D2 turned out to be just great.