By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guess Destiny 2's Final Metacritic Score: Currently 84 with 18 reviews (thread over game is good)

Where will the score land?

96 or higher 10 2.79%

90-95 24 6.70%

85-89 87 24.30%

80-84 132 36.87%

75-79 56 15.64%

70-74 21 5.87%

65-69 8 2.23%

60-64 2 0.56%

55-59 1 0.28%

50-54 17 4.75%

Total:358
COKTOE said:
I can't recall ever being so disinterested in a "AAA" game. 77. Poor Bungie. They sold their soul.......and then after Microsoft, signed with Activision.

Around the Network

A game this big and the reviews aren't out yet? It releases tomorrow!

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:

Yeah, this doesn't bode well. Unless there's some sort of midnight review embargo, it's a clear sign that they don't want people reading reviews before buying the game. 

For comparison, YS: VIII isn't out for another week, and it has 19 reviews. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
IkePoR said:

Yeah, this doesn't bode well. Unless there's some sort of midnight review embargo, it's a clear sign that they don't want people reading reviews before buying the game. 

Sounds like it's got Shadow of War style gameplay altering microtrasnactions.  Probably something Activision wanted to keep under wraps.  

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Cerebralbore101 said:
IkePoR said:

They did not send out review copies. They held a 2 day event where they invited a bunch of gaming journalist to play and they set up a network to help simulate the online experiance. Every hands on impression I read based on that event was very positive.

Now having played it for 8 hours I see a high 80s score. We will say 88

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Cerebralbore101 said:

I'm not a fan of the game. Not at all. But I thought this would make for a fun thread, while we wait for the review embargo to lift. I think the game will get somewhere between 77 and 82 depending on how much the developers have improved (I voted for 75-79). Destiny was supposed to be an open-world MMO type shooter, but it kind of turned into just another matchmaking based shooter. Unless Destiny 2 somehow suceeds on the series original concept I don't see it getting glowing reviews. Also, DLC is already planned for the game, which could mean that the game is unfinished like the last game was on release day. Finally, it seems to be a psuedo-sequel like Splatoon 2, and as much as I like Splatoon 2, I have to admit that you aren't going to get a huge jump in metascore over the original with that sort of effort. 

There is no embargo. They just did not send out review copies.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

They did not send out review copies. They held a 2 day event where they invited a bunch of gaming journalist to play and they set up a network to help simulate the online experiance. Every hands on impression I read based on that event was very positive.

Now having played it for 8 hours I see a high 80s score. We will say 88

Yeah, they don't want people reading reviews. There's no reason not to send out review copies other than the game having flaws. Splatoon 2 got review copies shipped out and it was the same type of game. The game has released and it doesn't have a metacritic score. I don't think this sort of thing has ever happened before. Not for a game with so much marketing at least. 

The 2 day invitation event was just another way to control reviews. They probably invited mostly journalists that they thought would have a positive reaction to their game. This accomplishes two things.

1. The first reviews to come out will mostly be positive. By not issueing review copies they can make sure that reviews will be delayed enough to get people to buy the game without reading anything.

2. Journalists that weren't invited have to start playing the game today, and as a result their reviews will be even more delayed. This means that most of the negative reviews won't come out until a week or two after the game releases. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
eva01beserk said:

Since GT.com they have been the nly reviews i take seriously

Opencritic can see which reviewers you've clicked on to trust. Easy Allies, Eurogamer, and PC Gamer are the most trusted reviewers on the web. http://opencritic.com/blog/10/most-trusted-publications-of-2016

IMO EZA has gotten even better since leaving GT. They are more free to say whatever they want. 

I agree.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.