By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. September bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

hudsoniscool said:

never heard of these. Plus you said the entire list wasn't on Xbox. Monster hunter is and is shenmue exclusive because I thought not. I thought ff and dragon quest was on Xbox now?. Anyway like I said I was comparing Xbox's dreadful 2017 lineup vs 2018's much improved title. I'm not sure how PS4 got brought into it. 

Dragon Quest isn't on Xbox. And Xbox only gets the mainline FF stuff, no remasters or spin offs like World of Final Fantasy

JRPGfan said:

The problem is look at Sony's 2018.

Shadow of the colossus
Days Gone
God of War
Marvel's Spiderman
Death Stranding
Detroit: Become Human
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
Yakuza: Kiwami 2
Shenmue III
Ni No Kuni II
Monster Hunter World
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
Secret of Mana
The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Britannia
Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory
Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
Left Alive
The Inpatient

Death Stranding and Shenmue III. 2018? 

that is some optimism 

Around the Network

Shenmue, Crackdown, Halo 6, Forza and all are on PC so not exclusives.

thismeintiel said:

Halo 6 hasn't even been announced, so I doubt that's coming til 2019.  Really, I think MS is already giving up on this gen and is going to get through the rest of it using the power argument and a few of its delayed games, with a few exclusive Indies here and there.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Halo 6 as a launch window title for XB2.  

Next year will also be a full year of everyone knowing that the XBO has no exclusives, since they are all coming to PC.  Sure, some still prefer consoles, but it'll definitely cut down the amount of people who feel the need to get one.  Price, also, isn't an issue for the XBO.  MS has had so many firesales and cheap bundles, they basically devalued their own product.  PS4 is going to benefit from a $199 SKU much more than MS will.

Really, I see this as MS's last full gen, if Sony plays its cards right.  If Sony releases a PS5 that is B/C with the wildly successful PS4, with a Pro-like Boost Mode, and the system itself is on par or possibly better than the XB2, spec-wise, Sony has next gen in the bag.  Even if their launch games are just meh to good, and MS does release Halo 6 at launch, it's not going to be enough to compete with that kind of draw.  It also doesn't help that this will be the 3rd gen in a row MS pulled their SW support out early, something that doesn't leave a good taste in gamers' mouths.

B/C will help the PS5 quite a bit when it launches (that is the time period where B/C makes the most impact). If the launch lineup is meh like what the PS4 had, then consumers will still have a wide selection of PS4 games to choose from. It'll be even better of those games receive more than Boost Mode and get a 'PS5' patch.

PS4 Should easily take this month.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:

Splatoon 2 Bundle is Walmart exclusive.

Edit: but Destiny 2 released this month anyway Just keep in mind that Switch should be higher than expected if you only base HW sales on Amazon.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
Jranation said:

Edit: but Destiny 2 released this month anyway Just keep in mind that Switch should be higher than expected if you only base HW sales on Amazon.

Yeah, I've seen a bunch of Switch stock at my local Walmart, Targets and Best Buys. I won't pretend that extends to the rest of the country, necessarily, but Amazon does not seem a great indication of Switch stock. 

Slarvax said:
Jranation said:

Didn't know that but Destiny should be enough. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Ariakon said:
Slarvax said:

Yeah, I've seen a bunch of Switch stock at my local Walmart, Targets and Best Buys. I won't pretend that extends to the rest of the country, necessarily, but Amazon does not seem a great indication of Switch stock. 

Amazon seems lacking in all stock right now.  It may be close, we'll have to see.  Destiny 2 certainly came in under Destiny 1.  But it's still a big release.  

They yearly best sellers list just updated. The Scorpio edition dropped to #63, but the standard edition nowhere on the list. Microsoft possibly creating artificial demand?

#1 Super Mario Odyssey