By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. September bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

JRPGfan said:
hudsoniscool said:

It's been a bad year for Xbox so far. Like u said Scorpio is going to bring Xbox to slightly down for the year/flat. Also the one to my knowledge has basically been 249 all year. If next year is down for the year than that's really really bad. 2017 only has halo wars2, forza and cuphead, pubg might half count. Most would agree this has been the worst year for exclusives for the one. In my opinion it's the worst year for any Xbox console. Next year is different though(mostly cause the delays). Crackdown, SOD2, sea of theives, ori 2, halo 6, forza horizon 4. Lol 2017 the worst year for the one, 2018 the best. Anyway next year with much more games, full year of Scorpio and games that 'look best' on it, most likely a $199 Xbox for the majority of the year. 2018 should be better than 17 and if it isn't than like I said very bad and ms should basically pull out of the gen and start getting ready for next gen.

The problem is look at Sony's 2018.

Shadow of the colossus
Days Gone
God of War
Marvel's Spiderman
Death Stranding
Detroit: Become Human
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
Yakuza: Kiwami 2
Shenmue III
Ni No Kuni II
Monster Hunter World
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
Secret of Mana
The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Britannia
Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory
Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
Left Alive
The Inpatient

^ none of these are comeing to xbox.

And theres probably tons more I forgot, didnt get on the list.

PS4 2018 will outshine the Xbox's 2018.

Really dude, I was comparing Xbox 2017 to Xbox 2018. That's pretty irrelevant besides the fact that I haven't even heard of 3/4 of those. And I thought the new monster hunter was coming to Xbox.

to bandorr

I made an assumption just like forza. Halo 4 and 5 both had 3 years of dev time just like halo 3 and reach so I assume the same. Same for forza 2 year dev time is standard. 

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network
Pionner said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Did you get back on Gaf?

That wasn't for gaf. That was about this site. I was having problems again like before. I got randomly signed back in as you can notice.

You should have specified, nogin! :)

The PS5 Exists. 

DaveTheMinion13 said:
Whats happening to hardware? Geezus

Hardware always drops on Amazon during this time of year. New hardware being the exeception. Lots of big game releases this time of year pushing hardware down the list. 

Bandorr said:
hudsoniscool said:

Really dude, I was comparing Xbox 2017 to Xbox 2018. That's pretty irrelevant besides the fact that I haven't even heard of 3/4 of those. And I thought the new monster hunter was coming to Xbox.

to bandorr

I made an assumption just like forza. Halo 4 and 5 both had 3 years of dev time just like halo 3 and reach so I assume the same. Same for forza 2 year dev time is standard. 

The halo 5 trailer aired in 2013. Halo 5 came out 2 years later.

Has there been any trailers for Halo 6 year?

Nope. But 400ish people have been working on something for 2 years now. I'd rather it be 2019 though give them longer to try new things.

and btw both halo 4 and 5 where announced 1.5 years before release.

hudsoniscool said:
thismeintiel said:

I think best case scenario, X helps it stay flat with last year.  So, ~8M.  At that point, sales will still only be ~36M for XBO.  And with little but the boast of power to push XBO sales, next year we will see it start to slide, again.  Especially since next year I fully expect to start hearing more concrete rumors about the PS5, with a possible release in 2019.  What mystic the X has will be gone.  Personally, I don't see the XBO getting over 50M when all is said and done.

It's been a bad year for Xbox so far. Like u said Scorpio is going to bring Xbox to slightly down for the year/flat. Also the one to my knowledge has basically been 249 all year. If next year is down for the year than that's really really bad. 2017 only has halo wars2, forza and cuphead, pubg might half count. Most would agree this has been the worst year for exclusives for the one. In my opinion it's the worst year for any Xbox console. Next year is different though(mostly cause the delays). Crackdown, SOD2, sea of theives, ori 2, halo 6, forza horizon 4. Lol 2017 the worst year for the one, 2018 the best. Anyway next year with much more games, full year of Scorpio and games that 'look best' on it, most likely a $199 Xbox for the majority of the year. 2018 should be better than 17 and if it isn't than like I said very bad and ms should basically pull out of the gen and start getting ready for next gen.

Halo 6 hasn't even been announced, so I doubt that's coming til 2019.  Really, I think MS is already giving up on this gen and is going to get through the rest of it using the power argument and a few of its delayed games, with a few exclusive Indies here and there.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Halo 6 as a launch window title for XB2.  

Next year will also be a full year of everyone knowing that the XBO has no exclusives, since they are all coming to PC.  Sure, some still prefer consoles, but it'll definitely cut down the amount of people who feel the need to get one.  Price, also, isn't an issue for the XBO.  MS has had so many firesales and cheap bundles, they basically devalued their own product.  PS4 is going to benefit from a $199 SKU much more than MS will.

Really, I see this as MS's last full gen, if Sony plays its cards right.  If Sony releases a PS5 that is B/C with the wildly successful PS4, with a Pro-like Boost Mode, and the system itself is on par or possibly better than the XB2, spec-wise, Sony has next gen in the bag.  Even if their launch games are just meh to good, and MS does release Halo 6 at launch, it's not going to be enough to compete with that kind of draw.  It also doesn't help that this will be the 3rd gen in a row MS pulled their SW support out early, something that doesn't leave a good taste in gamers' mouths.

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
JRPGfan said:

The problem is look at Sony's 2018.

Shadow of the colossus
Days Gone
God of War
Marvel's Spiderman
Death Stranding
Detroit: Become Human
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
Yakuza: Kiwami 2
Shenmue III
Ni No Kuni II
Monster Hunter World  * also comeing to xbox one, I honestly didnt know.
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
Secret of Mana
The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Britannia
Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory
Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
Left Alive
The Inpatient

And theres probably tons more I forgot, didnt get on the list.

PS4 2018 will outshine the Xbox's 2018.

Stuff like shadow of the colossus (PS2 game), The Seven Deadly Sins (anime), Little Witch Academia (anime)... I can understand.

But never having heard of:

God of War? Dragon Quest? Monster Hunter? Spiderman? Final Fantasy? Yakuza? Shenmue? Digimon? Mana series? Atelier series?

That cant be right. These are big title names.

GribbleGrunger said:
Pionner said:
That wasn't for gaf. That was about this site. I was having problems again like before. I got randomly signed back in as you can notice.

I thought you would have remembered from the last time. Besides, how would i PM you if i couldn't sign in on gaf? lol.

Thanks for making an attempt anyway. :)

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

DaveTheMinion13 said:
Whats happening to hardware? Geezus

It's all out of stock, save for the ps4 pro and the xbox 500gb. Even the default ps4, the 1tb slim, is only available after 1-2 months. I don't know what's up with Amazon's stock issues, or why they're so much worse than other retailers. 

Pionner said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I thought you would have remembered from the last time. Besides, how would i PM you if i couldn't sign in on gaf? lol.

Thanks for making an attempt anyway. :)

Jesus Christ, I'm an idiot! That's unbelievably stupid of me LOL

The PS5 Exists. 

JRPGfan said:
hudsoniscool said:

Stuff like shadow of the colossus (PS2 game), The Seven Deadly Sins (anime), Little Witch Academia (anime)... I can understand.

But never having heard of:

God of War? Dragon Quest? Monster Hunter? Spiderman? Final Fantasy? Yakuza? Shenmue? Digimon? Mana series? Atelier series?

That cant be right. These are big title names.

never heard of these. Plus you said the entire list wasn't on Xbox. Monster hunter is and is shenmue exclusive because I thought not. I thought ff and dragon quest was on Xbox now?. Anyway like I said I was comparing Xbox's dreadful 2017 lineup vs 2018's much improved title. I'm not sure how PS4 got brought into it.