By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. September bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Ariakon said:
WebMasterFlex said:
PS4 Slim bundle with UC4 should be at $249 now and not at $299

It's sold out anyhow. I wonder if Sony is going to roll with the slim offers they have now (only the 1tb without a game) until the COD bundle releases for $299. Their sales are likely going to be lower in September and October than I thought they would be. SCEA always has a strange strategy, considering the constant bombardment of bundles that release in Europe. They seem to only like to release one bundle at a time, and they tend not to strike when the iron is hot. The Xbox One S might even pull close for a month or two, considering it has a $249 Madden bundle that even came with a free game during Destiny week. I don't understand why SCEA is so much less agressive than Sony Europe, considering the US is a far more competitive market. 

Oh yes thank you the information.

Around the Network

3+ days since the last update

HARDWARE:
#11 XB1X (down 10)*
#58 NS Neon (down 19)
#61 NS Grey (down 24)
#71 PS4 Pro (down 11)
#86 PS4 Slim (re-entry)
#98 XB1 Slim (down 24)
#100 PS4 Uncharted 4 (down 46)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)
#3 NS Super Mario Oddysey (up 1)*
#9 PS4 FIFA 18 (new entry)
#25 PS4 Okami HD (down 9)*
#32 XB1 FIFA 18 (new entry)
#33 3DS Pokémon Ultra Sun (up 19)*
#36 3DS Pokémon Ultra Moon (up 19)*
#38 NS FIFA 18 (new entry)
#54 PS4 Call of Duty: WWII (down 8)*
#64 PS4 South Park: The Fractured But Whole (up 22)*
#65 XB1 FIFA 18 Ronaldo Edition (new entry)
#67 XB1 Call of Duty: WWII (down 24)*
#70 PS4 Gundam Versus (new entry)
#74 3DS Mario & Luigi Superstar Sage + Browser's Minions (new entry)*
#76 PS4 Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (new entry)
#81 NS Fire Emblem Warriors (down 1)*
#87 Vita Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (new entry)
#90 PS4 Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash - No Shirt, No Shoes, All Service Edition (new entry)
#92 PS4 Gran Turismo Sport (-)*
#94 PS4 FIFA 18 digital (new entry)
#97 NS Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (down 40)*

Does not affect this month: *

PS4: 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS: 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Whats happening to hardware? Geezus

Preston Scott

Fifa on the Switch is doing pretty well WW. It was the 2nd highest SKU for a few days on the US. It's also pretty high/decent in the EU countries, tho it's nowhere to be seen in the UK.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Seriously though? Are people not impressed with how well Odyssey is doing. It has been stable at #3 and it is still over a month away and already #16 for the year. This game is going to be huge

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
Fifa on the Switch is doing pretty well WW. It was the 2nd highest SKU for a few days on the US. It's also pretty high/decent in the EU countries, tho it's nowhere to be seen in the UK.

FIFA switch has been unavailable for few days on Amazon UK which explain why it is not in the top100. It was doing pretty good before that...

Same thing for Xenoblade 2 on Amazon France.

thismeintiel said:
celador said:

i wonder if strong preorder numbers will make up for a miserable 10 months of sales. I'm sure MS will be vocal regardless and pretend the last 10 months didn't happen

and lol about Xbox winning the next gen because X sells a few million

and Mario is doing really well, not surprising

I think best case scenario, X helps it stay flat with last year.  So, ~8M.  At that point, sales will still only be ~36M for XBO.  And with little but the boast of power to push XBO sales, next year we will see it start to slide, again.  Especially since next year I fully expect to start hearing more concrete rumors about the PS5, with a possible release in 2019.  What mystic the X has will be gone.  Personally, I don't see the XBO getting over 50M when all is said and done.

It's been a bad year for Xbox so far. Like u said Scorpio is going to bring Xbox to slightly down for the year/flat. Also the one to my knowledge has basically been 249 all year. If next year is down for the year than that's really really bad. 2017 only has halo wars2, forza and cuphead, pubg might half count. Most would agree this has been the worst year for exclusives for the one. In my opinion it's the worst year for any Xbox console. Next year is different though(mostly cause the delays). Crackdown, SOD2, sea of theives, ori 2, halo 6, forza horizon 4. Lol 2017 the worst year for the one, 2018 the best. Anyway next year with much more games, full year of Scorpio and games that 'look best' on it, most likely a $199 Xbox for the majority of the year. 2018 should be better than 17 and if it isn't than like I said very bad and ms should basically pull out of the gen and start getting ready for next gen.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

newwil7l said:
Seriously though? Are people not impressed with how well Odyssey is doing. It has been stable at #3 and it is still over a month away and already #16 for the year. This game is going to be huge

And people said I was silly when I said "Super Mario 3D World" was a step down from Galaxy I & II.

a good mario game early in the gen is going to help Switch alot.

newwil7l said:

Not unusual considering how well-known he is in the video game world. Damn shame Sonic could not have been built up to a similar extent.

hudsoniscool said:
thismeintiel said:

I think best case scenario, X helps it stay flat with last year.  So, ~8M.  At that point, sales will still only be ~36M for XBO.  And with little but the boast of power to push XBO sales, next year we will see it start to slide, again.  Especially since next year I fully expect to start hearing more concrete rumors about the PS5, with a possible release in 2019.  What mystic the X has will be gone.  Personally, I don't see the XBO getting over 50M when all is said and done.

It's been a bad year for Xbox so far. Like u said Scorpio is going to bring Xbox to slightly down for the year/flat. Also the one to my knowledge has basically been 249 all year. If next year is down for the year than that's really really bad. 2017 only has halo wars2, forza and cuphead, pubg might half count. Most would agree this has been the worst year for exclusives for the one. In my opinion it's the worst year for any Xbox console. Next year is different though(mostly cause the delays). Crackdown, SOD2, sea of theives, ori 2, halo 6, forza horizon 4. Lol 2017 the worst year for the one, 2018 the best. Anyway next year with much more games, full year of Scorpio and games that 'look best' on it, most likely a $199 Xbox for the majority of the year. 2018 should be better than 17 and if it isn't than like I said very bad and ms should basically pull out of the gen and start getting ready for next gen.

The problem is look at Sony's 2018.

Shadow of the colossus
Days Gone
God of War
Marvel's Spiderman
Death Stranding
Detroit: Become Human
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
Yakuza: Kiwami 2
Shenmue III
Ni No Kuni II
Monster Hunter World
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
Secret of Mana
The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Britannia
Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory
Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
Left Alive
The Inpatient

^ none of these are comeing to xbox.

And theres probably tons more I forgot, didnt get on the list.

PS4 2018 will outshine the Xbox's 2018.