By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. September bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Madword said:
Aura7541 said:

Developers will always want to max out the graphics even if it means sacrificing 60fps in favor for 30fps. It's going to be more down to whether they offer the option to tone the graphics down in favor of framerate, which some games do for the Pro. If Sony mandates developers to offer a performance mode and a graphics mode, then it should appease both sides.

Also, I think we're hitting the point of diminishing returns at 4K resolution. I remember Richard Leadbetter mentioning that it takes quite some effort to notice the difference between checkerboard 4K vs native 4K even at a close distance. Next gen, I think there will be more emphasis on other aspects like AI and physics.

This indeed will be the challenge for the next round of consoles. They need to do something else, and I dont mean TV TV TV :D but full backwards compatible 60FPS where possible, fully customised for the player, performance vs screen res as not everyone will have 4K TV....

The CPU will go through the most improvement. A mobile Ryzen CPU will be significantly more competent than the Jaguar which will allow developers to hit 60fps with less difficulty or use more complex AI, physics, or other CPU- dependent tasks.

Around the Network

Has anyone said 'like clockwork' yet? Don't worry, give it 2 - 3 months and things will return to normal.

The PS5 Exists. 

CGI-Quality said:
X1Gates said:

The Pro does some "4K" but those games are small and not very demanding. All the other bigger games is always checkerboard 4K ect which is not True 4K.

Well, there is Checkerboard Rendering and Native 4K, but both consoles will take advantage of those techniques. The Pro does a wonderful job at nearly masking the difference and a few articles point this out.

Thus, while the Xbox One X is a more powerful machine, and will certainly have more Native 4K games under its belt, it isn't any more a "true 4K console" than the former. Both are capable of full (3840x2160).

Just wondering, but how does having substantially more native 4K games not make it a more "true 4K" console than Ps4 pro? puzzling statement to say the least.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is passed Breath of the Wild and Horizon: Zero Dawn on the yearly rankings. Nintendo and Guerrilla Games build their huge open world experiences that release around the same time and battle in the fanboy wars; meanwhile, Nintendo releases what I'm sure was a reasonably inexpensive port of an older game that outsells the lot of them. It really makes you think.

True 4k by micrsofts definition = native, dynamic or checkerboard rendered. People are counting all 3 as native for REASONS. Then on the pro, whether native, dynamic or checkerboard everything is suddenly 1080p upscaled regardless. Living in a world of delusion and lies won't change actual truth.

That truth is that there will be an order of pc-XB1x-pro. But you will get a good 4k experience on whichever platform. A better quality tv or monitor, with good use of hdr will make a far bigger impact than platform choice. Anyway I'm out, the truth won't get a voice, where viral marketing, lying, exaggeration and delusion are the norm.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
hudsoniscool said:

The Xbox one x can do checkerboard too. So it isn't just going to be 4K native vs 1440 with checkerboarding. In 1 or 2 years we will see games pushing the XOX that are 1080p-1440p with checkerboarding. At that point the pro would be pushed even further down. I'm just saying for a demand game XOX can do it too.

"but both consoles will take advantage of those techniques"

Lol I missed that part I guess. Ya I think so far the Scorpio isn't really doing 4K any better for most games. But in some it is. I believe battlefront 2 it's a pretty big difference. Although that is isnt confirmed. Anyway this is getting off topic a bit isn't it.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

CGI-Quality said:
flashfire926 said:

Just wondering, but how does having substantially more native 4K games not make it a more "true 4K" console than Ps4 pro? puzzling statement to say the least.

Because "true 4K" or "more true 4K" are buzzwords. Both consoles are "true" in regards to 4K. I could say that PC is "the truest 4K device out there". But, if the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X are also 4K devices, they, too, are the "truest 4K devices out there". Just because one machine will have more Native 4K titles  doesn't suddenly make it any more true than the machine that will have less (yet, will still house Native and Upscaled 4K titles). Both machines will use several means to achieve some form of 4K image.

I just see it as going through hoops to describe one machine's power over another, in regards to proclaiming "true 4K". The Xbox One X is a notably more powerful machine than the Pro. Simply put. 

Oh, I get it. Before I was under the assumption that by "true 4k" you meant "native 4k", cause that what many people label it as.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Medisti said:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is passed Breath of the Wild and Horizon: Zero Dawn on the yearly rankings. Nintendo and Guerrilla Games build their huge open world experiences that release around the same time and battle in the fanboy wars; meanwhile, Nintendo releases what I'm sure was a reasonably inexpensive port of an older game that outsells the lot of them. It really makes you think.

Lol, but to be fair Mario Kart 8 was very limited by the Wii U install base. Mario Kart is a series that has the fanbase upwards of 30 million, 8 million sales wasn't close to it's full potential and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be proof of that.

PS4 Slim bundle with UC4 should be at $249 now and not at $299

GribbleGrunger said:
Has anyone said 'like clockwork' yet? Don't worry, give it 2 - 3 months and things will return to normal.

Yeah me. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=231437&page=9#9