By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Overlooked systems

m0ney said:
Spindel said:
Even if not directly obscure I would say Commodore 64 and Commodore Amiga 500.

Since this forum is very US-centric no one here talks about them but here in Europe they both where huge.

Also Amiga 500 was the undisputed king of the 16-bit era when it comes to visuals and sound.

Here in eastern europe nobody had Amiga. Till 1990ish we had nothing and then when Soviet Union fell we had NES clones. I learned about Amiga only in the recent years thanks to a Portugese youtuber that I'm subscribed to.

Sorry in my previous post I was kind of western europe centric :P

Around the Network
m0ney said:

Here in eastern europe nobody had Amiga. Till 1990ish we had nothing and then when Soviet Union fell we had NES clones. I learned about Amiga only in the recent years thanks to a Portugese youtuber that I'm subscribed to.

I'd heard life under the Soviet Union could be harsh, but to deny its citizens access to video games? That's true cruelty right there. Positively barbaric.

Turkish said:
In 20 years time the few people that knew about it will forget the Wii U was an actual system that existed. Not only because it sold less than the Vita and its awful name, but also because all its games were ported to the Switch. "Zeruda Botw? MK8? Oh yeah nice Switch launch games!"

The masses will forget it, much like they've forgotten the Dreamcast or the Turbografx-16, yeah, but enthusiasts like us will remember.

Ruler said:
The Saturn

Damn right!