By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Finally Got My Switch!!!!

Xen said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

Don't listen to this weeb.

Please, I beg you, reader, I want lower prices for my precious JRPGs, and part of that is lowering demand for them! ;)

That train has left long ago XD 

Oh so so long ago... sadly.

Oh please, I regularly find JRPGs heavily discounted here. Just gotta keep it that way ;)

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
"excited to become a Nintendo gamer"

Is this your first Nintendo console? NOICE. I had a Wii/DS as a kid but didn't play much except party games ... the Wii U was my first.

This makes me sad. Please tell me you got to play some good Nintendo games since owning your Wii U. Games like Super Mario Galaxy, Xenoblade Chronicles, Twilight Princess, Breath of the Wild, Splatoon, Mario Kart 8 etc. Nintendo systems don't always have the best library, but every generation there's at least two games on a Nintendo system that blow everything else out of the water. 

Great, add me, i can play Splatoon 2 with you. SW-3467-5186-8989

34 years playing games.

Cerebralbore101 said:
"excited to become a Nintendo gamer"

Is this your first Nintendo console? NOICE. I had a Wii/DS as a kid but didn't play much except party games ... the Wii U was my first.

This makes me sad. Please tell me you got to play some good Nintendo games since owning your Wii U. Games like Super Mario Galaxy, Xenoblade Chronicles, Twilight Princess, Breath of the Wild, Splatoon, Mario Kart 8 etc. Nintendo systems don't always have the best library, but every generation there's at least two games on a Nintendo system that blow everything else out of the water. 

Hm...well as a kid the Wii was almost exclusively the Wii Sports/Mario Party 8/Super Smash Bros. Brawl/Mario Kart Wii machine. I had Sonic and the Black Knight(lol), Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns, the Donkey Kong Country Rythm Game, and New Super Mario Bros. and didn't like any of them that much. I guess as a kid they just weren't my thing lol. 

On my Wii U I had Bayonetta 2(I know it's 3rd party but), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World, Splatoon, Super Smash Bros. U, and Wind Waker HD(my first Zelda), and Mario Kart 8. I didn't finish Wind Waker or Tropical Freeze, but I got super fucking far in Wind Waker. I stopped playing when the Triforce fetch quest activated(lol normie i know). I wanted to get Star Fox Zero, Twilight Princess HD and Xenoblade Chronicles X, but by the time they came out I was pretty much done with the thing tbh. 

I DID get a 3DS which is almost the sole reason why I've caught up with some of the Zelda games. I played all of Link Between Worlds in 2015, and then this summer I completed for the first time all of Ocarina(recently) and almost finished Majora's Mask(I literally got my Switch while I was nearing the end). I also finished two Pokemon games for the first time ever on the 3ds, since I didn't know how to progress in Pokemon as a kid. I loved 3D Land on the 3ds too, i'm a big fan of the 3D Land/World series of Mario games. I also almost finished Fire Emblem Awakening, which is a godly game. I have Xenoblade on the 3DS, but I haven't really played it. I kept getting about 3 hours in and stopping.

So yeah ... I have way more experience in Nintendo than I did 2 or 3 years ago, but it's almost entirely due to the 3DS. Really though I still haven't played most of the Zelda games, i've only really played the 3D World/Land Mario games, I've never played a Starfox game, an Animal Crossing game, an F-Zero game, a Yoshi game, a Kirby game, a Pikmin game, or a Kid Icarus game. Luckily I've played Metroid, but only Prime 1 and a little of 2. Prime 1 is my favorite game ever. I would definitely like more experience in Nintendo as a whole. I kind of envy people who grew up with the SNES/N64/Gamecube. I definitely used the Wii as a social machine as a kid, so I didn't really play any single player games much. As a result, I didn't even play a single Zelda till I was 15. Lol, I guess you could say i was a late bloomer.

OH yeah, on Switch I pretty much have every big exclusive except Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Cerebralbore101 said:

Hm...well as a kid the Wii was almost exclusively the Wii Sports/Mario Party 8/Super Smash Bros. Brawl/Mario Kart Wii machine. I had Sonic and the Black Knight(lol), Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns, the Donkey Kong Country Rythm Game, and New Super Mario Bros. and didn't like any of them that much. I guess as a kid they just weren't my thing lol. 

On my Wii U I had Bayonetta 2(I know it's 3rd party but), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World, Splatoon, Super Smash Bros. U, and Wind Waker HD(my first Zelda), and Mario Kart 8. I didn't finish Wind Waker or Tropical Freeze, but I got super fucking far in Wind Waker. I stopped playing when the Triforce fetch quest activated(lol normie i know). I wanted to get Star Fox Zero, Twilight Princess HD and Xenoblade Chronicles X, but by the time they came out I was pretty much done with the thing tbh. 

I DID get a 3DS which is almost the sole reason why I've caught up with some of the Zelda games. I played all of Link Between Worlds in 2015, and then this summer I completed for the first time all of Ocarina(recently) and almost finished Majora's Mask(I literally got my Switch while I was nearing the end). I also finished two Pokemon games for the first time ever on the 3ds, since I didn't know how to progress in Pokemon as a kid. I loved 3D Land on the 3ds too, i'm a big fan of the 3D Land/World series of Mario games. I also almost finished Fire Emblem Awakening, which is a godly game. I have Xenoblade on the 3DS, but I haven't really played it. I kept getting about 3 hours in and stopping.

So yeah ... I have way more experience in Nintendo than I did 2 or 3 years ago, but it's almost entirely due to the 3DS. Really though I still haven't played most of the Zelda games, i've only really played the 3D World/Land Mario games, I've never played a Starfox game, an Animal Crossing game, an F-Zero game, a Yoshi game, a Kirby game, a Pikmin game, or a Kid Icarus game. Luckily I've played Metroid, but only Prime 1 and a little of 2. Prime 1 is my favorite game ever. I would definitely like more experience in Nintendo as a whole. I kind of envy people who grew up with the SNES/N64/Gamecube. I definitely used the Wii as a social machine as a kid, so I didn't really play any single player games much. As a result, I didn't even play a single Zelda till I was 15. Lol, I guess you could say i was a late bloomer.

OH yeah, on Switch I pretty much have every big exclusive except Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Go back and play Galaxy 1 +2. They are masterpieces. *Pats on back* Yeah Prime is godly, and Ocarina is still pretty good. Sounds like you've got a decent sampling of all the best Nintendo franchises. I myself still have to get into Awakening. Gotta beat the GameCube Fire Emblem, and the second GBA one first though. From what I've seen Awakening blows the previous games out of the water, and makes the older games skippable. 

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:

Go back and play Galaxy 1 +2. They are masterpieces. *Pats on back* Yeah Prime is godly, and Ocarina is still pretty good. Sounds like you've got a decent sampling of all the best Nintendo franchises. I myself still have to get into Awakening. Gotta beat the GameCube Fire Emblem, and the second GBA one first though. From what I've seen Awakening blows the previous games out of the water, and makes the older games skippable. 

Lol SORRY. I just realized how long my last comment was, wow! As you can see i have a fault with not finishing stuff, LOL. 

I'd play Galaxy 1 and 2, but I don't have a Wii U anymore! I just have a Switch and a 3DS. I'd definitely say Metroid Prime 1, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Fire Emblem Awakening are my favorite Nintendo games personally. Still though, that's from a very limited sample admittadely. It's crazy to think I didn't play my first Zelda till late 2015. I dream of the day when Super Mario 64, Advance Wars, Twilight Princess etc. come to VC. 

VGPolyglot said:
vivster said:

As soon as they release the first good game. Not long now.

I've never played Rocket League myself.

Good. That means more noobs to crush upon release.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

WagnerPaiva said:

I am hoping for a new strategy game for consoles, like Tropico or Civ, or a more traditional RPG maybe, man, those Bioware games are terrible...

Seems to me that the future of gaming is looking back, dialing it down, being about fun again.

I guess I am just too old, but I feel like this from time to time till an amazing game pulls me back in...

Have you tried Halo Wars 2?  I have not, but I kinda wish I had.  

I find myself in a similar state from time to time.  I've had trouble getting into anything lately (though I did play a lot of Sonic Mania while on vacation last week).  I'm hoping that Destiny 2 will hook me like the original did.  I got into BotW and Horizon ZD enough to finish them.  But, neither really got me to that point of wanting to play in every free moment. 

TheWPCTraveler said:
Xen said:

That train has left long ago XD 

Oh so so long ago... sadly.

Oh please, I regularly find JRPGs heavily discounted here. Just gotta keep it that way ;)

I would ask where "here" is, but you wanna keep it cheap

VAMatt said:
WagnerPaiva said:

I am hoping for a new strategy game for consoles, like Tropico or Civ, or a more traditional RPG maybe, man, those Bioware games are terrible...

Seems to me that the future of gaming is looking back, dialing it down, being about fun again.

I guess I am just too old, but I feel like this from time to time till an amazing game pulls me back in...

Have you tried Halo Wars 2?  I have not, but I kinda wish I had.  

I find myself in a similar state from time to time.  I've had trouble getting into anything lately (though I did play a lot of Sonic Mania while on vacation last week).  I'm hoping that Destiny 2 will hook me like the original did.  I got into BotW and Horizon ZD enough to finish them.  But, neither really got me to that point of wanting to play in every free moment. 

Only the first one, it is competent, but my thing is for the building aspexct, as well the combat, which in Halo Wars is lacking. Civ Revolution was a masterpiece of strategy on consoles in my opinion. Such a pity it did not do well

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.