By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - North Korea launches missile that flies over Japan, Jp Prime Minister reacts

Jumpin said:
EspadaGrim said:

NK is ramping up these missle tests, the problem is politics if the USA continues to do nothing and one these missles hits land and kills people then Trump will be blamed if we intervene and end NK then Trump will be called a war mongerer for a war that technically never ended and that has reaching boiling points way before he took office.  The best solution is convince China to help us overthrow that regime.

What does the US have to do with this? After all the bullshit the US pulled in the Middle East, they really should stay the hell out of the business of others. Japan can handle this a lot better without the US screwing everything up and killing hundreds of thousands to millions.

The US is allied with Japan and South Korea so the US has a lot to do with this. The US should convince China and Russia to agree to sanction NK or stop trade altogether with NK til it calms down. No one would care about NK but it keeps doing ballistic and nuclear weapons testing while acting in a threatening manner. 

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
Jumpin said:

What does the US have to do with this? After all the bullshit the US pulled in the Middle East, they really should stay the hell out of the business of others. Japan can handle this a lot better without the US screwing everything up and killing hundreds of thousands to millions.

The US is allied with Japan and South Korea so the US has a lot to do with this. The US should convince China and Russia to agree to sanction NK or stop trade altogether with NK til it calms down. No one would care about NK but it keeps doing ballistic and nuclear weapons testing while acting in a threatening manner. 

NK is different than the middle east. Don't agree with them being in the MS, but them not being involved with NK will cause issues. They need to find any solution with the least damage before this gets even worse.

What I find suspicious is how NK is rapidly advancing. I honestly believe they're getting support from another country

monocle_layton said:
Aeolus451 said:

NK is different than the middle east. Don't agree with them being in the MS, but them not being involved with NK will cause issues. They need to find any solution with the least damage before this gets even worse.

What I find suspicious is how NK is rapidly advancing. I honestly believe they're getting support from another country

That's why I think it's best to convince china and russia to start restricting trade with them. NK is getting miltary tech through china or russia directly or throught their connections. I'm sure that neither china nor russia want this to escalate into anything. It would help if we offered some kind of trade deal or trade of some kind with both of them to sweeten the pot so it's more practical for them to cut off NK when it's kim is showing his ass. 

spurgeonryan said:
North Korea.

The only country with worse leadership than mine.

You live in canada, sweden or australia?

Aeolus451 said:
monocle_layton said:

That's why I think it's best to convince china and russia to start restricting trade with them. NK is getting miltary tech through china or russia directly or throught their connections. I'm sure that neither china nor russia want this to escalate into anything. It would help if we offered some kind of trade deal or trade of some kind with both of them to sweeten the pot so it's more practical for them to cut off NK when it's kim is showing his ass. 

By now it's clear this is less about politics and more about preventing war

We know China is staying put, but what about Russia? I dob't want to sound like CNN and turn Russia into some demon, but I truly wonder if they are supporting the growth of NK's weapon(s).

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Its easy to say "just ignore the attention craveing madman" when its not your country he's fireing missils over.
I feel for the japanese though, its a sucky situation to be in.

As far as I understand they have a working missile defense so I don't worry for Japan one bit.

Then again, if they had why didn't they shoot that shit down?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

monocle_layton said:
Aeolus451 said:

We know China is staying put, but what about Russia? I dob't want to sound like CNN and turn Russia into some demon, but I truly wonder if they are supporting the growth of NK's weapon(s).

It could be either one and the easiest way to get them to stop is by what I mentioned. it would also put the hurt on NK if they stopped trade with it. If it's some black market people getting NK the weapons then we just need to close up the channels they are using. 

monocle_layton said:

Russia has no say in the matter since their outside of sphere of geo-political influence and it's largely thanks to China that North Korea was able to ward off South Korea and it's allies ... (In fact it wouldn't be a stretch to claim that the Soviet Union didn't participate in any of the battles.)

And don't be surprised of North Korea's arms development, they practically have an academic monopoly of what is 25 million citizens and they were still able to figure out the internet works ... 

Captain_Yuri said:
VGPolyglot said:

What can we do about it?

AbbathTheGrim said:

The problem is that if the US does something, maybe what will happen, NK dropping bombs, would be even worse than not trying to stop this guy once and for all.

And if we don't do anything then with the passing of time the threat becomes even more deadly and accurate, with the improvement of their missile tests.

It's an impossible situation where there is no best option, perhaps only in hindsight.

Well if it were up to me, I'd get all my UN buddies and put in a limit as to how much more we will tolerate before we do something about it. Cause them hitting something really shouldn't be the point of which we act. It should be before they hit something and before they get powerful. Yea, people will die but it could be potentially less if we act when NK doesn't have the weapons to threat countries rather then when/if they do.

Not that I should get into political threads tho :P

Yeah, this doesn't need to be an Iraq situation. This is serious on a catastrophic level. The current administration thumbing its nose at the UN isn't cute anymore. This is a potential world-threatening situation that as many nations as possible need to be in on this to find a solution. Just hope the US doesn't go maverick. South Korean, Japanese and US targets are on the line.

The one thing I would back Trump 100% about is nuking the absolute fuck out of North Korea. Not only that, the US should then overtake that land just as a big "fuck you" to China for sitting around and not doing anything. Trump, could even be redeemed in my eyes if he did that.

It'd show the Chinese that we aren't fucking around and win world wide appreciation. The biggest thing is we'd need to displace the South Koreans to Japan and the US while we killed Un.