By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - North Korea launches missile that flies over Japan, Jp Prime Minister reacts

Nautilus said:
twintail said:

Well China is still a buffer so it's not just NK you go up against.

Wasnt China kind of backing down on supporting North Korea as of late?Im sure that UN could work a deal with China if it were necessary.I mean, even China must know that it is a gamble to be allies with a madman.

I bet China would rather not have such a madman as their ally but a change in power could put North Korea (depending on who get to run what is left of it) could put the US in an alliance with the country right on the fence of their country:

Plus NK does a lot of business with China.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
Nautilus said:

Wasnt China kind of backing down on supporting North Korea as of late?Im sure that UN could work a deal with China if it were necessary.I mean, even China must know that it is a gamble to be allies with a madman.

I bet China would rather not have such a madman as their ally but a change in power could put North Korea (depending on who get to run what is left of it) could put the US in an alliance with the country right on the fence of their country:

Plus NK does a lot of business with China.

Yeah, makes sense.Oh well.Horrible to say this, but Im glad I dont live anywhere near North Korea.I dont see this cooling down anytime soon.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Damn. Hurricane Harvey and this.

I'm glad i'm not the one who will decide how this is handled, because it's all starting to feel a bit hopeless. Escalation could see thousands dead within days, and 'victory' possibly just the start of a massive refugee and economic crisis for the region. Simultaneously, the 'let it burn itself' strategy is clearly not working. The last 60 years hasn't seen NK deescalate, just the limits of their ability to harm their neighbours grow. No escalation at all could see any future conflict become orders of magnitude worse.

It's a choice between terrible now, or a maybe more terrible later. How do you even make that choice?

Remember, if something is done, North Korea might hit Chicago purely out of spite.

Around the Network

China and SK+ allies need to give NK an ultimatum.

Zekkyou said:

I'm glad i'm not the one who will decide how this is handled, because it's all starting to feel a bit hopeless. Escalation could see thousands dead within days, and 'victory' possibly just the start of a massive refugee and economic crisis for the region. Simultaneously, the 'let it burn itself' strategy is clearly not working. The last 60 years hasn't seen NK deescalate, just the limits of their ability to harm their neighbours grow. No escalation at all could see any future conflict become orders of magnitude worse.

It's a choice between terrible now, or a maybe more terrible later. How do you even make that choice?

Yeah a 'victory' or end to this is gonna involve death. It's either North Korea nuking Japan/SK and us wiping them off the map or countries destroying NK before it does anything.

Not a pretty sight.

HomokHarcos said:
Remember, if something is done, North Korea might hit Chicago purely out of spite.

Why Chicago? The best place would be California. It's closer and holds more value

JRPGfan said:

Its all fun and games, until Kim Jong-un nukes California, because US sent in troops to fight/kill him.

Or US launches a missil against him and he retailiates.

monocle_layton said:

HomokHarcos said:

Why Chicago? The best place would be California. It's closer and holds more value

Are you guys forgetting about Hawaii? That's closer to NK than California, Kim would first strike there before hitting here which hopefully he isn't stupid enough to start a war against the USA.

Proud to be a Californian.

darkenergy said:
JRPGfan said:

Its all fun and games, until Kim Jong-un nukes California, because US sent in troops to fight/kill him.

Or US launches a missil against him and he retailiates.

monocle_layton said:

Are you guys forgetting about Hawaii? That's closer to NK than California, Kim would first strike there before hitting here which hopefully he isn't stupid enough to start a war against the USA.

he likes to poke countries and probably play the victim when they retaliate

NK has been manipulated by china

Russia and china just want a good excuse to launch all their nukes all over usa