By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DigitalFoundry : [4K] Rise of the Tomb Raider: Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro First Look

Why are we using this game for comaprison, isn't this like the worst idea possible since the Xbox version is simply better optmized than even the PC one ?

Also I just finished playing this game on a regular PS4 and it didn't look as bad as the Pro picture we have here, either PS4Pro downgrades the graphics or DF went a bit retarded with whatever they did for this analysis.

Around the Network

Not to try and restart something but I figured this might be important. Eurogamer/DF have updated their comparison with new screenshots. Looks like the blood on her face is actually available on all platforms...

Looks like you just had to get her injured first

They updated the article in the OP if you want to read/see more

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Not to try and restart something but I figured this might be important. Eurogamer/DF have updated their comparison with new screenshots. Looks like the blood on her face is actually available on all platforms...

Looks like you just had to get her injured first

They updated the article in the OP if you want to read/see more

Dear lord. Did someone smear vaseline all over the screen when they took the PS4 Pro image?
Surprised it's not in someones sig by now. Haha

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I guess we will have to wait until some true exclusives release that realize the power of the machine. The differences here are negligible, and for a 3 year old game.

Unfortunately, as 1080p was the initial target for this gen, so 4k will be the new target for the next. The jump for most people simply isn't that great. I'm hoping PS5 or Xbox Two can produce something a lot more impressive than higher resolutions.

At the end of the day Tomb raider will continue to be used as a benchmark for Xbox because they have no graphical answer for uncharted or horizon. The lopsided list will continue to grow. This is why first party quality matters. Games are made to push your console to its limit.

Around the Network

Judging from those screens it looks like the increase in the amount of memory makes the biggest difference. Xbox One X also looks slightly sharper because of the higher resolution yes but it's the much higher quality textures that really set it apart. I never understood why Sony didn't give the Pro a notable increase in memory.

CGI-Quality said:
Pemalite said:

Dear lord. Did someone smear vaseline all over the screen when they took the PS4 Pro image?
Surprised it's not in someones sig by now. Haha

That's just what the game looks like with DoF, PP, and FXAA on. They did the same for the PC and that was very much the same result.

Yeah I know. Xbox One X users must be tickled pink though. It is the closest a console has gotten to matching a PC in 12 years.

One thing I love about the mid-generation boost from the Playstation 4 Pro and Xbox One X is the baseline sits a little higher which benefits the PC side as well.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

First picture definitely looks better on X1. All others are too close to call.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Dallinor said:
I guess we will have to wait until some true exclusives release that realize the power of the machine. The differences here are negligible, and for a 3 year old game.

Unfortunately, as 1080p was the initial target for this gen, so 4k will be the new target for the next. The jump for most people simply isn't that great. I'm hoping PS5 or Xbox Two can produce something a lot more impressive than higher resolutions.

I wonder which Microsoft First Party Studio will helm the exclusive to showcase the Xbox One X power.

Forza 7 looks great, and maybe its me but i cant seem to be impressed by racing and/or sports games.

We can scratch down Crackdown 3 from the list, also Sea of Thieves.

I believe Halo 6 and Gears 5 are the candidates to let that power out.

Do you guys trust 343i and Coalition skills to make a graphically impressive game?

Mod Edit ~ CGI