By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If MS fixes their lack of exclusives they would be in a really nice position

Yeah, and also if people only bought Xboxes. Then they would definitely have a chance.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
smroadkill15 said:
MS can pull themselves out of the slump they're in. The Xbox one X is the right step in that direction. Having the most powerful console helps. Having the best 3rd party support is what sells consoles this day and age.

The most powerful console has never won a generation and Microsoft helped Sony achieve that this generation by releasing the X.

Sony already won the generation so your point doesn't hold up. 

Snoopy said:
I'll still take 2017 line up for xbox one x over ps4 line. Im not into a lot of the Japanese games outside of Nioh and I did enjoy Horizon zero dawn, but that's it. However, I enjoyed Halo wars 2, I know I will enjoy Forza 7 and PUBG seems like a really fun multiplayer game with a lot of replay value.

Xbox 2017:

Forza Motorsport 7
Halo Wars 2
Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection
Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure
Disneyland Adventures
Super Lucky's Tale
Phantom Dust
Voodoo Vince: Remastered

PS4 2017:

Gravity Rush 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
MLB The Show 17
Nioh
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Wipeout Omega Collection
Drawn to Death
Locoroco Remastered
Locoroco 2 Remastered
Matterfall
Parappa the Rapper Remastered
Patapon Remastered
That's You!
Everybody's Golf
Gran Turismo Sport
Knack 2
Hidden Agenda
Knowledge Is Power
SingStar Celebration
Stifled

Its something like this right?

This is ignoreing all the 3rd party exclusives that the PS4 seems to get, that dont end up on xbox.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

That's what I meant. You can be good at lots of things but you really can only be great at one thing. Microsoft wanted to dominate the console insdutry at one point and the original Xbox and Xbox 360 was the result. They lasered in, focused and spent BIG. 

If they wanted to compete, they could. They have the money to buy just about any IP and talent they want. The fact that they aren't is telling.

The fact that they have to buy ips shows that they cannot compete creatively. Think about this. Microsoft would buy both Sony and Nintendos first party if they could in heart beat. Imagine if Microsoft actually ran them both out of the industry. It would be horrible.

I don't think they need to be creative so much as they need people there that can properly evaluate creative talent. Halo was a success because someone at MS at the time saw it's potential. Either those people don't exist there anymore or MS isn't giving them the resources.

AlfredoTurkey said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The fact that they have to buy ips shows that they cannot compete creatively. Think about this. Microsoft would buy both Sony and Nintendos first party if they could in heart beat. Imagine if Microsoft actually ran them both out of the industry. It would be horrible.

I don't think they need to be creative so much as they need people there that can properly evaluate creative talent. Halo was a success because someone at MS at the time saw it's potential. Either those people don't exist there anymore or MS isn't giving them the resources.

I'm writing this on a cellphone  so pardon me in advance .

Seeing other people's games potential isn't enough. Microsoft got lucky that Steve jobs refused to to buy bungie when they were making halo for Apple. Gears of war was seen by Microsoft. This is not an indicator of a mission statement for personal success but rather to have success off of Thebes's backs of others genius. People respect Sony and Nintendo creatively because they are synonymous with creative genius. Sony and Nintendo are respected businesswise as well as creatively. You must have a knowhow internally that sets you apart. Would you trust a writer who had all of his work ghostwritten? No. Would you believe in a musician who didn the perform like they believed In the power of their own music? No.people say Microsoft has an identity but they do not, for if they did halo would've been replaced by a game in the same genre long ago. Sony and nintnedo can replace or make new ips much easier than Microsoft because of this. This is something Spencer must work on next gen but paying third party every ten seconds says nothing about Microsoft other than if you succeed and they become dependent, get ready for them to be dependent on you for years to come. This is why infeel there is a silver lining to the platinum games and scalebound issue. If scalebound had been a success Microsoft would've been so depdent on sequel after sequel that muchlike epic they would've had  to rethink and rearrange their resources just to stay personally creative.

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:
sethnintendo said:

The most powerful console has never won a generation and Microsoft helped Sony achieve that this generation by releasing the X.

Are we counting mid generation models or not?

sethnintendo said:
smroadkill15 said:

Are we counting mid generation models or not?

We shouldnt count them, the gap is just too big to make a difference!

The most powerful console did win the generation, which was the PS4 at the time.

JRPGfan said:
Snoopy said:
I'll still take 2017 line up for xbox one x over ps4 line. Im not into a lot of the Japanese games outside of Nioh and I did enjoy Horizon zero dawn, but that's it. However, I enjoyed Halo wars 2, I know I will enjoy Forza 7 and PUBG seems like a really fun multiplayer game with a lot of replay value.

Xbox 2017:

Forza Motorsport 7
Halo Wars 2
Disneyland Adventures
Super Lucky's Tale
Phantom Dust

PS4 2017:

Gravity Rush 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
MLB The Show 17
Nioh
Wipeout Omega Collection
Drawn to Death
Locoroco Remastered
Locoroco 2 Remastered
Matterfall
Patapon Remastered
That's You!
Everybody's Golf
Gran Turismo Sport
Knack 2
Hidden Agenda
Knowledge Is Power
SingStar Celebration
Stifled

This is ignoreing all the 3rd party exclusives that the PS4 seems to get, that dont end up on xbox.

I rather play PUBG, Halo Wars 2 and Forza 7 over those games. I prefer multiplayer games over single player games.

If... I lived in a fantasy land...

Snoopy said:
JRPGfan said:

Xbox 2017:

Forza Motorsport 7
Halo Wars 2
Disneyland Adventures
Super Lucky's Tale
Phantom Dust

PS4 2017:

Gravity Rush 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
MLB The Show 17
Nioh
Wipeout Omega Collection
Drawn to Death
Locoroco Remastered
Locoroco 2 Remastered
Matterfall
Patapon Remastered
That's You!
Everybody's Golf
Gran Turismo Sport
Knack 2
Hidden Agenda
Knowledge Is Power
SingStar Celebration
Stifled

I rather play PUBG, Halo Wars 2 and Forza 7 over those games. I prefer multiplayer games over single player games.

Objectively speaking, that list has the highest chance of reaching the widest possible market. I think that's the problem with most discussions with Sony and Xbox gamers. Sony gamers are trying to explain objectively why Sony is better. It's like a PC gamer trying to explain the benefits PC gaming to a console gamer and the console gamer saying "I just like consoles". It's not to try and sway your opinion but rather to appeal to the more objective sense of rational understanding. With that said it's not saying much about pubg... because after the preview program is over and Microsoft invests in it,it could just as well go straight to Sony. This same thing happened last gen when Microsoft needed exclusives and offered to pay for the development of ninja gaiden 2. They took the money made ninja gaiden. 2 and the next year gave Sony a superior version of the same game at no cost to Sony. It pays that Sony knew Microsoft was underhanded and made penalizing policies where PlayStation gamers essentially get he game and all of the dlc for time lost and not launching simultaneously with their platform.