By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry: Hands-on with 10 Xbox One X games that show us what it's really capable of

Jigsawx1 said:
Pemalite said:

I am hoping they push fidelity and not resolution with Halo 6.

I don't want the game to look like a really good Xbox One game at 4k.
I want it to blow socks off, I want it to make people weak at the knees.

And the Xbox needs it, they lack exclusives, so the exclusives they do have... They need to smash out of the park.

Halo flopping on PC is Microsoft's own fault.

They delayed launches, they pushed intrusive DRM schemes, they didn't push/support PC technology, they didn't make their games available on the largest store front on PC. Aka. Steam.

If you were to ask me which platform I would prefer to play Halo on, it would be PC every single time.
It can have better graphics, better framerates, better controls and support features like modding.

The majority of XBox One games do end up on PC.
And don't be surprised if Halo 6 ends up being one of them either, although I doubt it at this point with Halo 5 being the precedent, but I have seen Microsoft do stranger things.

If you would be a really halo fan and if you would play it alot you dont would say that you would prefer a pc for Halo, for BF yeah and perhaps for a Cod but not for a halo.......... .And no other fan would prefer the pc for halo .........

But sorry if have to say this if there are 1080p @ 60fps on a Xbox One and 4k @60fps on the Xbox One X and you want to tell me that you are preferring a pc for this because of the technology, then i have to tell you you are a troll which never really played halo and who is sleeping with his playststation.

Wow....well that was very uneeded. You seem very upset by others that think different from you. Who are you to say who is and who isn't a real fan of a game? It is absolutely ridiculous.

OT:

Again the XB1X will be a true beast! This is good for the fans!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Jigsawx1 said:

If you would be a really halo fan and if you would play it alot you dont would say that you would prefer a pc for Halo, for BF yeah and perhaps for a Cod but not for a halo.......... .And no other fan would prefer the pc for halo .........

But sorry if have to say this if there are 1080p @ 60fps on a Xbox One and 4k @60fps on the Xbox One X and you want to tell me that you are preferring a pc for this because of the technology, then i have to tell you you are a troll which never really played halo and who is sleeping with his playststation.

1) I am not a Playstation fan. Don't make such ludicrous statements without evidence.
I dislike all consoles equally.

2) I am a Halo fan. I can prove it. I own every single game. - And I am entitled to give criticism where criticisim is due. Don't like it? Stiff. Deal with it.

3) Prefering Halo on PC so I can have an uncompromised experience doesn't mean I am not a Halo fan.

4) 1080P and 4k? Common. You know there is more to graphics than resolution, right? right?

5) Do not call me a troll just because you disagree with my opinion, delving into Ad-Hominem isn't a way to get your point across.
Do you even know how many Xbox consoles and games I own?

Mafioso said:
Looking good. Will hold me over quite nicely for a while, considering the backlog and all.

Already sold my 980Ti as i'm converting my two old PC's into mining rigs.

Going to wait for Volta and an Oculus refresh for a new gaming build, for the next year or so Xbox One X and PS4 Pro will have me more than covered.

Are you taking an ASIC approach? Or just throwing in a heap of GPU's and doing it that way?

Shame we can't do mining on the Xbox One X or Playstation 4 Pro, could have put those consoles to work while they aren't in use!

TheBlackNaruto said:

Again the XB1X will be a true beast! This is good for the fans!

It certainly is great for the fans.
I am keen to see how other games get treated on the Xbox One X.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

It certainly is great for the fans.

I am keen to see how other games get treated on the Xbox One X.

I'm failing to see how it is good for the fans if the vast majority of titles are remastered. Shouldn't new console release come with new IPs?

If gamers tolerate console manufacturers release new hardware just to replay old games with better graphics and better FPS, by the time the PS5 and XBox 2 X come out, they will just ship their new consoles with a MAME emulator :p . Then everyone can play old games and hope the devs are still around to improve the graphics.

Re the 10 Xbox One X games, does it not bother anyone that the DF review mentiond that you could ONLY see the difference between Lara Croft on X1X and PS4 Pro if you compared still images. With both games in motion, you can't tell that the X1X version has slightly better textures?

Also what about the fact that X1X still can't run Quantum Break at 4K without running into issues? Its not even running at native 4K! Come on this is supposed to be a the next leap in performance!! Is the problem the developers or the console manufacturers??

My prediction is that X1X will sell well in November, maybe December, but still won't outsell the PS4. Come January 2018 PS4 will start its march to outsell the Xbox One brand by 3:1 (it's already at 2:1 worldwide) by 2020. Come 2021 Microsoft will exit the console market and will encourage everyone to buy their games on PC and Windows 11 :p Thus explaining why all MS games are going to be multi-platform going forward. Just getting gamers used to the idea before the bombshell in 2021:D

It's not a new console, it's a refresh. The Pro didn't launch with any new IPs. The PC market doesn't create new IPs for each GPU or CPU release. Also, I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks the Scorpio will suddenly make the Xbone brand start outselling PS4. Even MS says the Xbone S will continue being their best seller. It already gets outsold by PS4, so math dictates MS expects the Scorpio to be outsold even more.

People didn't seem to mind DF having to run over images with fine tooth combs to find a difference when PS4 and Xbone were launched. This forum was flooded with thread after thread about how DF found this advantage or that advantage for PS4 versions of multiplat games and here's some still images showing basically nothing. I don't think most Xboners care, you're not going to see nearly as many threads about it.

This whole thing isn't impressive enough for me. I don't want an Xbox One 2.0. I want the next generation machine that plays games Xbox One/X can't even handle.

People are entitled to whatever they want to be interested in but I just don't understand dropping hundreds of dollars on a console that plays the same games a console they currently have plays. Yeah, this will play them in sightly sharper quality with a little bump here or there... but really? Just not worth it to me.

I wonder when we'll see a true 9th generation machine? Ever?

Around the Network

Cool that is is powerful and I would get it but Microsoft fucked up at the start of the gen so i went with the PS4. They screwed up by releasing the Halo collection not complete on disc and forcing you to get the rest of the game digitally. To me that is a big no no and turned me off.

Will I ever return to xbox? who knows.

All i will say is when iTunes first come out and I installed it and it destroyed my windows boot up for some unknown reason it turned me off iTunes and apple forever lol. I even put it on a fresh install and it had issues. So gave it two chances.

Now I am sure the program has improved but the bad experience pissed me off.

Cobretti2 said:
Cool that is is powerful and I would get it but Microsoft fucked up at the start of the gen so i went with the PS4. They screwed up by releasing the Halo collection not complete on disc and forcing you to get the rest of the game digitally. To me that is a big no no and turned me off.

Will I ever return to xbox? who knows.

All i will say is when iTunes first come out and I installed it and it destroyed my windows boot up for some unknown reason it turned me off iTunes and apple forever lol. I even put it on a fresh install and it had issues. So gave it two chances.

Now I am sure the program has improved but the bad experience pissed me off.

The problem with iTunes is that it was never designed for Windows. It works great on Macs.

WELL, where are the NEW games?

AlfredoTurkey said:
This whole thing isn't impressive enough for me. I don't want an Xbox One 2.0. I want the next generation machine that plays games Xbox One/X can't even handle.

People are entitled to whatever they want to be interested in but I just don't understand dropping hundreds of dollars on a console that plays the same games a console they currently have plays. Yeah, this will play them in sightly sharper quality with a little bump here or there... but really? Just not worth it to me.

The world we live in, now. People buy TVs to watch the same shows. New phones to run the same apps. New consoles to play the same games.

d21lewis said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

The world we live in, now. People buy TVs to watch the same shows. New phones to run the same apps. New consoles to play the same games.

Some of that may be true but PS4 and Switch disprove the idea that console gaming must fall to the same fate. Neither of those two machines plays the same games as their predecessors and both are selling or have sold like crazy. 

Microsoft is trying to artificially change the console business. We'll see if it works or pays off. Either way, I refuse and will hold off until true next generation machines come out.