By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How come so many people are unable to spell simple words?

Are you an idiot that can`t spell?

Yes 36 38.30%

No 58 61.70%

Total:94

I know I've let a word or two slip by me in my posts. I usually triple check my work before I post, but some just sneak right by me. I will sometimes catch them the following day, but I don't correct it to preserve the original post.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Hey! I worry enough about my grammar at work, not on a forum Now don't expos the fact that I am 27 and cant speel - that will just ruen my forum experiance! 

Ok, my grammar isn't that bad, but you get the point.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Ha, most people on this side of the ocean can't even pronounce my first name correctly. Learn to talk first, then spell!

Now spell this without looking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHxO0UdpoxM

It was a fun challenge getting that to work when I was working on gps nav sytems.

t-h-i-s

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

"How come"

Okay.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

-w-i-t-h-o-u-t

This is the greatest thread I have ever seen on VGC. It's as if you opened up my skull, somehow found a way to learn all of my subconscious thoughts, then manifest them into your post. Thank you. I completely agree. The grammar and spelling from some users on this site are just terrible, akin to that of a 7th grader. 

Hi

Oh no, I already have Wright correcting all of my spelling mistakes, I don't need you too ka-pi.

Cerebralbore101 said:
In a world where spellcheck is built into everything, we still have morons that can't spell. FFS. How hard is it to click on the red line and see the right spelling? Also, the differences between You're, Your, They're, Their, and There is obvious.

I'd say that while their is a problem, your wrong with you're assumptions. They're use of words are much less of a problem than the people there annoying with their wordplay.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Oh, they can. They just don't give a fuck, which is the way bigger problem.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.