By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft need to stop coping final fantasy

ookaze said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
DKII said:
360 doesn't have the best JRPG selection, DS does.

Prior to your post, the word "console" is mentioned/quoted 14 times in this thread and the words "hand held" have not been mentioned at all.

That being the case, what is the point of your comment?

It's simple really.

Blue Dragon is cited several time, and Blue Dragon was an answer to Dragon Quest. A Dragon Quest game that is interesting is very difficult to pull off.

DQ IX being for DS, and DQ being a series that always had its main episodes on home consoles, and as we're talking JRPG, it's very clear why handheld had to come into play at one point or another.

You can think that handheld don't compete with home consoles, but if you think that's true for the DS, you're delusional.

Saying that consoles are competing against hand helds is like saying your oven is competing against your microwave. They have a few things in common and can cook many of the same foods, but your oven is never going to be cooking a single tiny corn dog and your microwave is never going to be cooking your Thanksgiving turkey. They're very similar in many ways but they're so different that one is almost never going to completely replace the other.

So when people are discussing the best type of frozen pizza and someone comes into the discussion talking about microwavable pizza bites, it's kind of related in a not-really sort of way. There is a connection to pizza, but by and large it's immaterial to the discussion which is exactly what mentioning hand helds in the scope of this console discussion is like.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:

Saying that consoles are competing against hand helds is like saying your oven is competing against your microwave. They have a few things in common and can cook many of the same foods, but your oven is never going to be cooking a single tiny corn dog and your microwave is never going to be cooking your Thanksgiving turkey. They're very similar in many ways but they're so different that one is almost never going to completely replace the other.

So when people are discussing the best type of frozen pizza and someone comes into the discussion talking about microwavable pizza bites, it's kind of related in a not-really sort of way. There is a connection to pizza, but by and large it's immaterial to the discussion which is exactly what mentioning hand helds in the scope of this console discussion is like.

Now tell me: did you manage to write this with a straight face?

So for you, DQ IX is the equivalent of a  "microwavable pizza bites" and Blue Dragon is a pizza?

So for you, DQ IX is the equivalent of a "tiny corn dog" and Blue Dragon is a "Thanksgiving turkey"?

Mentioning DQ IX in this discussion is immaterial to it? 

Or is it the other way around?

Anyway, I've had trouble keeping a straight face just writing this. Delusional people are hilarious.

Now the answer can only be more hilarious. 

ookaze said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Now tell me: did you manage to write this with a straight face?

So for you, DQ IX is the equivalent of a "microwavable pizza bites" and Blue Dragon is a pizza?

So for you, DQ IX is the equivalent of a "tiny corn dog" and Blue Dragon is a "Thanksgiving turkey"?

Mentioning DQ IX in this discussion is immaterial to it?

Or is it the other way around?

Anyway, I've had trouble keeping a straight face just writing this. Delusional people are hilarious.

Now the answer can only be more hilarious.

If that's the conclusion you want to draw from it, go ahead.  ^_^

Since I haven't played either game, I'm not about to compare them.  You should have noticed that none of my posts have mentioned those games directly, but I guess that's expecting a bit much.

My only point was simply that consoles and hand helds are different enough to make direct comparison somewhat silly, but I'm glad I was able to make you laugh too. 

xboxfanboy said:
I like games like blue dragon and lost oddessy but Microsoft plan to take japan was just to copy final fantasy over and over again is not working. They need to build more games like ace combat 6 Japanese gamer don't just want to play final fantasy it would be like if Sony came to America with a bunch of halo and gta clones It won't work. what I wish would happen is that Microsoft would partner with Sega and make two different versions of there next console or they need to steal a game like virtual fighter 6

because gta first became available on the xbox back in 2001. there was no such thing as gta on the playstation.

OP misses the point of these games. I dont just want to wait for FF every 4 years. I'm a JRPG lover and think it's great that at the moment I can get a decent or great JRPG every 8 months. Thats a bonus.

Around the Network

why should they stop?? atleast this way JRPG's are made and sadly FF has gone downhill since they stopped doing it turbased...just look at FF12 I only managed to play it once.... first FF that have done that too me

BTW is there any JRPG's coming to the PS3 at all?

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Rock_on_2008 said:
Final Fantasy first six games were all on the Nintendo consoles NES and SNES. For some reason people think it was born on the PSX with Final fantasy VII.
We could easily make a statement every shooting game is a rip off of Wolfenstein 3D or Doom by being a shooter. Ratchet and Clank games are a rip off of Mario games.
Companies steal some ideas and improve upon them by offering people games they want. No problem there, business is business.

=O

blasphemy! R&C is totally different! Ratchet uses completely oversized, overpowered weapons to blow his enemies halfway from here to Florana, and Mario doesn't. 

lol, jk, I like your comparisons.  

Microsoft has no plan to dominate Japan through Jocking sony. The plan is like this. FInd best idea ever in apple steal it. Halo. Use for xbox. Then add rpgs and driver that equal domination of the sony nations. FF8+ are terrible in my opion.  Seven was and is and will always be the best. NO one coolor then cloud.  No girls hotter than tifa vs aeris.  No evil grater then sepheroth.  The devil would get owned. By any of them in battle.

Love is whats most important.

well bludragon and lost oddysee are good games.

there not as good as final fantasy but still a worthwhile purchase

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Rock_on_2008 said:
Final Fantasy first six games were all on the Nintendo consoles NES and SNES. For some reason people think it was born on the PSX with Final fantasy VII.

Amen! I'm glad somebody remembers that one! (because sony fanboys tend to think they own FF series). Do Sony fanboys seriously believed they chose the number 7 because they thought it sounded cool?

Seriously, FF ripped off Ultima, Dragon Quest and a host of other J and W RPG's in the beginning, if you'd known the series before 7 you'd see ALOT of similarities. Difference is by the time FF hit mainstream, it was finally pulling out entirely new idea's so no one cared. Mistwalker is thrown into the spotlight immediately and you know all their games will be compared with FF, what do you expect?