By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft need to stop coping final fantasy

Skeeuk said:

well bludragon and lost oddysee are good games.

there not as good as final fantasy but still a worthwhile purchase

Disagree Lost Odyessey was a breath of fresh air amist the painful downhill that FF has taken since 6. 

Around the Network

MS should have bought Sega and made the Sega Box, instant cred and Japanese brand recognition, too late now though.

MS financed Sega franchises? next gen Panzer Dragoon? Jet Set Radio?

A man can dream...

Also Blue Dragon is more like Dragon Quest than FF...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
MS should have bought Sega and made the Sega Box, instant cred and Japanese brand recognition, too late now though.

A man can dream...

Why would they do that when sega offered help for like virtually nothing.  and Sega needs to make more games for xbox 360 I want Sega Gt 360 online oh and a sega tennis game would be cool oh and sonic online adventure RPG. 

Love is whats most important.

Rock_on_2008 said:
Final Fantasy first six games were all on the Nintendo consoles NES and SNES. For some reason people think it was born on the PSX with Final fantasy VII.
We could easily make a statement every shooting game is a rip off of Wolfenstein 3D or Doom by being a shooter. Ratchet and Clank games are a rip off of Mario games.
Companies steal some ideas and improve upon them by offering people games they want. No problem there, business is business.

Well, Final Fantasy only made it to the PSX side because of Nintendo's decision to stick with cartridges for N64. Their decision collided with then-Squaresoft's vision for the next Final Fantasy (VII) game.

But, yeah, it is hard to keep games 100% original.

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

ckmlb said:

A man can dream...

I am sick of tired of people saying this. MS tried to by Sega, they refused. Hell MS tried to by Square Enix and got the same response. The funny thing about it is at the same time MS was trying to buy Sega and Sega was turning them down. Sega was trying to sell themselves to Nintendo and Yamauchi was turning them down.

Around the Network

And then Sammy ate them... and they went further down.

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

dont the people who make final fantasy make those games?

also microsoft doesnt make games, developers do...

CaptainPrefrences said:
dont the people who make final fantasy make those games?

also microsoft doesnt make games, developers do...

There is MGS (not metal gear solid, microsoft game studios)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive