By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft need to stop coping final fantasy

360 doesn't have the best JRPG selection, DS does.

Around the Network

yeah lets compare a SUV with a convertible on the same dirt road ????

DKII even if you like JRPG doesn't mean you want to play on handheld.... I know I don't or don't even have the time or opportunity..... lets compare what's comparable....

DKII said:

Prior to your post, the word "console" is mentioned/quoted 14 times in this thread and the words "hand held" have not been mentioned at all.

That being the case, what is the point of your comment?

smbu2000 said:
twesterm said:
xboxfanboy said:
I like games like blue dragon and lost oddessy but Microsoft plan to take japan was just to copy final fantasy over and over again is not working. They need to build more games like ace combat 6 Japanese gamer don't just want to play final fantasy it would be like if Sony came to America with a bunch of halo and gta clones It won't work. what I wish would happen is that Microsoft would partner with Sega and make two different versions of there next console or they need to steal a game like virtual fighter 6

If those games are copying Final Fantasy, you better tell Bungie, Valve, and every other studio that makes FPS games to stop copying Wolfenstein 3D and other other FPS's to come out around that time.

Oh, and tell Ace Combat 6 to stop being so unoriginal and stop copying those flight sims.

Hey, Ace Combat 6 is a very original game, that's why it's the first game in the Ace Combat series!!!...oh wait, what's that 1,2,3,4,5, 6!!! It's the 6th game in the series, when did that happen??? well , oh ok....nvm

There is also X on PSP, which is amazing

Can I guess that in the game there is a tunnel that you have to fly through and a massive super plane (with a scandinavian (norse myth suff)  type name) and a super weapon... anyway, I love that series, and I want that game, cause I sold 5 (stupidly) and my copy of 4 is scratched

Also, why does everyone hate FF XII?

It's storyline was not brilliant but everything else was

Someone mentioned that 360 Japan sales should be better 'cause it has the best JRPGs. But obviously people there are just going to the DS for their JRPG fix instead. Acting like they don't compete against each other at all is just naive.

Game selection isn't really the 360's problem in Japan anyway, it's mostly down to poor marketing.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
betsfro said:
men i love FF games but Blue Dragon Sucks Hard!!!!!

I thought Blue Dragon was better than most of the console FF games I have played in the past 6-7 years.

lmao!!!!!

Munkeh111 said:
smbu2000 said:
twesterm said:
xboxfanboy said:
I like games like blue dragon and lost oddessy but Microsoft plan to take japan was just to copy final fantasy over and over again is not working. They need to build more games like ace combat 6 Japanese gamer don't just want to play final fantasy it would be like if Sony came to America with a bunch of halo and gta clones It won't work. what I wish would happen is that Microsoft would partner with Sega and make two different versions of there next console or they need to steal a game like virtual fighter 6

If those games are copying Final Fantasy, you better tell Bungie, Valve, and every other studio that makes FPS games to stop copying Wolfenstein 3D and other other FPS's to come out around that time.

Oh, and tell Ace Combat 6 to stop being so unoriginal and stop copying those flight sims.

Hey, Ace Combat 6 is a very original game, that's why it's the first game in the Ace Combat series!!!...oh wait, what's that 1,2,3,4,5, 6!!! It's the 6th game in the series, when did that happen??? well , oh ok....nvm

There is also X on PSP, which is amazing

Can I guess that in the game there is a tunnel that you have to fly through and a massive super plane (with a scandinavian (norse myth suff)  type name) and a super weapon... anyway, I love that series, and I want that game, cause I sold 5 (stupidly) and my copy of 4 is scratched

Also, why does everyone hate FF XII?

It's storyline was not brilliant but everything else was

well, most JRPG's are all about story (to hide the horrible turn-based combat)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

mrstickball said:
Umm. It wasn't Microsoft's decision to "copy Final Fantasy" - That was the creator of Final Fantasy, Hironobu Sakaguchi's decision...Since...You know, he made both Final Fantasy and Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.

And Microsoft has partnered far more with non-Mistwalker companies. What about Tecmo (Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive), Namco (Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia, Ridge Racer, 4 other exclusives), and Capcom (Dead Rising, Lost Planet)? Microsoft has a few allies here and there in Japan. They aren't all just making "Final Fantasy Ripoffs"

I know that the creator of final fansaty made lost oddssey and blue dragon. All I'am saying is that  it didn't help sales at all . I watched a k1 event on japenese tv and they had like 20 lost oddssey commericals  I seen no commericals for any of the games you listed ( and eternal sonata was a good game too). I don't see doa doing anything in japan because it been on the xbox and the 360 and never help. I think the 360 has more then enought games if japanese would just give it a try but they are not  

Well Blue Dragon had a very positive effect in Japan. It basically made the 360 more successful then the original xbox. I think the 360 having all the jprg's is hurting the ps3 in Japan more then its helping the 360. Which I'm sure microsoft isn't entirely agaisnt.

Words Of Wisdom said:
DKII said:

Prior to your post, the word "console" is mentioned/quoted 14 times in this thread and the words "hand held" have not been mentioned at all.

That being the case, what is the point of your comment?

It's simple really.

Blue Dragon is cited several time, and Blue Dragon was an answer to Dragon Quest. A Dragon Quest game that is interesting is very difficult to pull off.

DQ IX being for DS, and DQ being a series that always had its main episodes on home consoles, and as we're talking JRPG, it's very clear why handheld had to come into play at one point or another.

You can think that handheld don't compete with home consoles, but if you think that's true for the DS, you're delusional.