By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft need to stop coping final fantasy

I like games like blue dragon and lost oddessy but Microsoft plan to take japan was just to copy final fantasy over and over again is not working. They need to build more games like ace combat 6  Japanese gamer don't just want to play final fantasy it would be like if Sony came to America with a bunch of halo and gta clones It won't work. what I wish would happen is that Microsoft would partner with Sega and make two different versions of there next console  or they need  to steal a game like virtual fighter 6    

Around the Network

The creator of those games created final fantasy. Microsoft didnt make them, just provides funding to a company to enhance their video game selection. So if they want to make those game they can make those games.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

There jrpg's by the creator of final fantasy, what do you expect!

I don't think anyone is stealing games, its a developers choice what console they develop for.

Final Fantasy first six games were all on the Nintendo consoles NES and SNES. For some reason people think it was born on the PSX with Final fantasy VII.
We could easily make a statement every shooting game is a rip off of Wolfenstein 3D or Doom by being a shooter. Ratchet and Clank games are a rip off of Mario games.
Companies steal some ideas and improve upon them by offering people games they want. No problem there, business is business.

Umm. It wasn't Microsoft's decision to "copy Final Fantasy" - That was the creator of Final Fantasy, Hironobu Sakaguchi's decision...Since...You know, he made both Final Fantasy and Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.

And Microsoft has partnered far more with non-Mistwalker companies. What about Tecmo (Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive), Namco (Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia, Ridge Racer, 4 other exclusives), and Capcom (Dead Rising, Lost Planet)? Microsoft has a few allies here and there in Japan. They aren't all just making "Final Fantasy Ripoffs"

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I would like to the OP to tell how Sakaguchi can copy his own creation. Square may own the Final Fantasy IP but Sakaguchi created it. Also Blue Dragon isn't anything like a Final Fantasy title, the only thing they have in common is the fact that they are both JRPGs.

Lost Odyssey does however give a bit of Final Fantasy vibe, the difference unlike recent titles, Lost Odyssey is actually a excellent game. Final Fantasy has gone the way of Madden. It lives completely on its name and hype at the substance of the series have suffered. Final Fantasy and Madden are the only two gaming franchises that have to ability to garner great reviews in spite of the games quality. FFVIII and FFXII were universally panned by the majority of the fans but you wouldn't be able to tell by the reviews from the gaming media.

I agree that Microsoft needs a more diverse line-up of games that appeal to  Japaneese Gamers, but at the same time I agree with everyone here that said Microsoft  has done more than just 'copy' Final Fantasy ...

In general, Microsoft's biggest problem with attracting gamers to their system is their narrow focus on the core group of gamers; and this is a double edged sword being that it makes their system far more attractive to these gamers while making it less attractive to a much broader group of gamers. This is not an easy problem to solve ... Nintendo is one of the original videogame developers and has the most talented group of designers for generating new content ideas, while Sony has survived off of being so popular that every third party publisher produced exclusive games so every genre is covered.

I agree with OP.
Microsofts goal was to copy everything sony had to win the market. It is not working. im a HUGE sony fanboy and to tell you the truth.... sony did the same thing back in the psx days.... its just smart....... difference is tho it worked for sony now they have dozens of their own titles and microsoft is now coping nintendo.....

M$ need Dead or Alive at the end of the year

there is NG2 this year ..

Microsoft does need to stop copying Final Fantasy. They need to stop sucking more and more as time goes on like the FF series.................................I'm kidding, folks. seriously, I'm kidding!