By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Age of Empires 4 coming to Windows 10

gtotheunit91 said:
Where did you read that AOE 2 & 3 were getting Definitive Editions as well?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/age-of-empires-2-and-3-remasters-announced/1100-6452723/

Around the Network

Well, this is the final push I needed to finally make the jump to Windows 10 (I am a bit late, I know).

Chazore said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

It is not coming to Xbox. So it will definitely be designed for KB+M.

I wouldn't be so sure. MS is done at this point with trying to develop for one system and then the other. It makes sense for them to just use a studio to develop for both systems and pander to one for a while before returning to the other. They've been doing that most of this gen, with them putting more focus on Xbox, then a tiny it on the side for Windows 10 and maybe the odd release or two for Win 7.

They say HW 1-2 works on PC, but that game was still designed around the gamepad. There will be compromises here and there for the game. I don't see any company coming out and telling us that they compromised on a game's controls or gameplay to work with another system ebfore the game is even released. 

If they talk about "features" that have been a common staple of PC gaming for years, that will also add to my wariness. Shouldn't need to market what should already be there in the first place. 

It's simple. If it was supposed to release on Xbox the trailer would have been on Xbox channel. Not Windows channel. With Xbox logo in the end instead of Windows 10. And Phil Spencer previously stated that there maybe some games in the future that won't be available across both platforms. So, it seems that there will be some PC only titles from. I doubt there will be Xbox-only titles but PC-only why not? If gamepad doesn't suit for some types of games. Also, MS seems to be pushing PC really hard rignt now. So, not a surprise really.

gtotheunit91 said:
Where did you read that AOE 2 & 3 were getting Definitive Editions as well?

This is the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3rDhoWcVgQ

Oh well. Still not upgrading to Window 10 no matter what carrot you throw at me.

Around the Network

This is good :) My PC is ready for this baby.

Played the shit out of AOE 1 and 2. I remember playing with my gf of the moment and she was playing "to build nice cities and be 'full pacifist'" like she was calling herself... And then... I raided her cities and destroyed everything, fun times...

She stopped playing after few games tho, still wondering why...

derpysquirtle64 said:

It's simple. If it was supposed to release on Xbox the trailer would have been on Xbox channel. Not Windows channel. With Xbox logo in the end instead of Windows 10. And Phil Spencer previously stated that there maybe some games in the future that won't be available across both platforms. So, it seems that there will be some PC only titles from. I doubt there will be Xbox-only titles but PC-only why not? If gamepad doesn't suit for some types of games. Also, MS seems to be pushing PC really hard rignt now. So, not a surprise really.

I just don't see it remaining PC only, not with their whole stance on "play anywhere" and how much effort they have put into  getting more PC games onto Xbox and a few from Xbosx to PC. I don't see them suddenly stopping at just Halo Wars as an RTS for their console.

RTS games don't really suit for consoles, yet that hasn't stopped MS, EA and other companies in the past. halo Wars 1-2 being recent examples and an upcoming CoH style game that is also coming to consoles.

Pushing PC really hard?. I'm not sure, I think they are opushing XBox and X1X tenfold over what they push for PC. Win 10 store is still a mess compared to Steam, so they haven't given it their all on trying to make it better than the other clients and also foster a modding community. I await the day when I see more PC only MS game ads on TV and the web than I do XBox for anan entire gen.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

No gameplay at all, but the mere fact that an actual AGE OF EMPIRES IV is in the works is just... WOW. Feels extremely surreal.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Chazore said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

I just don't see it remaining PC only, not with their whole stance on "play anywhere" and how much effort they have put into  getting more PC games onto Xbox and a few from Xbosx to PC. I don't see them suddenly stopping at just Halo Wars as an RTS for their console.

RTS games don't really suit for consoles, yet that hasn't stopped MS, EA and other companies in the past. halo Wars 1-2 being recent examples and an upcoming CoH style game that is also coming to consoles.

Pushing PC really hard?. I'm not sure, I think they are opushing XBox and X1X tenfold over what they push for PC. Win 10 store is still a mess compared to Steam, so they haven't given it their all on trying to make it better than the other clients and also foster a modding community. I await the day when I see more PC only MS game ads on TV and the web than I do XBox for anan entire gen.

I can bet this game will stay as a PC exclusive and won't be ever released on Xbox. About pushing PC really hard. Yes, because software-wise they've done way more for PC gaming than for the console this year. Age of Empires trilogy remaster. Age of Empires 4. Some other RTS I don't remember the name crossplay support between WinStore and Steam. While the only thing console gamers got from them this year is an upgraded console.

OMG yeeeeesssssssss finally!!!!!!! I can't believe it's happening

AoE2 was the game that really got me into games

Hopefully they show some gameplay soon