By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Gamescom Thread (Presentation is Over).

Are you hyped?

LOL! Expect cancelled pro... 57 26.51%

Yes, I am hyped. 30 13.95%

No, my expectations are below negative. 42 19.53%

No, I honestly don't care. 86 40.00%

Total:215

So did they say anything about Age of Empires?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

The Age of Empires show is today. Most people with more knowledge of the franchise than me believe they'll announce AoE 4. 

Ariakon said:
Darwinianevolution said:

The Age of Empires show is today. Most people with more knowledge of the franchise than me believe they'll announce AoE 4. 

Someone had a screenshot of xbox playing the game with an xbox controller.

Snoopy said:
Ariakon said:

Someone had a screenshot of xbox playing the game with an xbox controller.

source?

Age of Empire 2 and 3 Definitive edition announced and Age of empire 4 announced!

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Not sure how credible this is.

Lol lies. They really need to work on their wording.

It's cool. MS can fund and speed up the development of the game, while we can all enjoy the full game earlier. PC gamers rejoice

Sucks for PS only gamers, but at least you'd be able to play the game the following year.

Snoopy said:
pitzy272 said:

Yeah their phrasing of things has become ridiculous and misleading, esp since E3. If this tweet is true, and MS really called it a console exclusive, idk how that's not illegal. Either way here, it seems as tho MS at least has a timed exclusive on their hands. Can't believe Sony let this happen. I personally have no interest in this game, but iirc, this game had 3mill players at E3 time, and already now it has 8mill. It's obviously becoming huge. I also can't believe they signed a deal with MS.

MS has a shit load of money and I wouldn't be suprise if MS buys the ip. This is the type of game MS are interested in. 

MS buys everything they are interested in. I know I said this same thing last gen, but it still holds true this gen because they never learn. If they keep petitioning third party the well will eventually dry out. They will expose themselves and after their two IP's lose their luster they will be like punching under water if their competitors succeed. What the console industry needs is talented companies who know how to make great games to challenge one another. Microsoft only challenged Sony to go from an ok developer to a great one. Its sad Sony hasnt inspired them to broaden their horizons.

hinch said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Lol lies. They really need to work on their wording.

It's cool. MS can fund and speed up the development of the game, while we can all enjoy the full game earlier. PC gamers rejoice

Sucks for PS only gamers, but at least you'd be able to play the game the following year.

PS gamers wont really notice, because they will be playing God of War, Spiderman and Days gone. Microsoft needs all the help they can get. I'll be playing PUBG on my Xbox One as I am a multiconsole owner, but the truth is just the truth. Sony put out enough games to where sony games almost forgot they were missing out on Tomb Raider. Eventually it just dropped on PSN and they were like "OK"...the backlog of new games just grows on playstation. My backlog on Xbox are primarily comprised of old games.