By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Majority Of Switch Owners Prefer To Play At Home

I drive everywhere, so I mostly play at home. If I ever travel in the future via plan, bus or train, I would definitely bring my Switch with me then, unless the place I am going is not secure enough that I can trust it won't get stolen. .

Around the Network

I use my Switch while I drive!

But I would always prefer to play my Switch at home, chilling! What does this poll even mean? But the fact I can take my Switch on a plane,in car etc is a big bonus in my eyes!!

Like everyone said, those weren't great poll options, and besidez, who doesn't prefer the luxury if being able to do long and intense gaming sessions at the comfort of your own home?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

VGPolyglot said:
JRPGfan said:

sand and saltwater... what could go wrong? :p

And theft or losing it!!

I played Ace Attorney on the french atlantic coast and it was pretty awesome. Other than the occasional stray grain of sand that got under the circle pad everything was good.

I would NOT do that with my Switch however! The Switch has vents and more moving parts in general.

Around the Network

Umm... To be fair, looking at that list and ignoring the console itself, the only place I think a big portion of people would prefer to be at over the home is the beach, and that's just about the worst possible place to bring electronics lol

I definitely prefer the home, but that's because home is awesome. Doesn't mean I don't love it for airplanes or job breaks as well :)

SuperNova said:
VGPolyglot said:

And theft or losing it!!

I played Ace Attorney on the french atlantic coast and it was pretty awesome. Other than the occasional stray grain of sand that got under the circle pad everything was good.

I would NOT do that with my Switch however! The Switch has vents and more moving parts in general.

Yeah, I would not have the same faith in my Switch surviving that trip to the beach as past handhelds, and if children or even teens are going to be handling it then keep it away from such locations at all costs lol

I haven't played on my Switch outside my house yet. I haven't put it in the dock yet either.

walterbates said:

Nintendo of America had conducted a Twitter poll to find out where its fans prefer to play Nintendo Switch. The vast majority of participants said their favorite place to play is in the comfort of their home.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/08/18/overwhelming-majority-of-nintendo-switch-owners-prefer-to-play-at-home/

This poll might be misleading in a way. Surely the place I prefer to play my Switch is at home, but that doesn't mean I don't like the ability to play on the train or don't do that. I do that a lot, and I love that I can play too while on the train. MIght have been more interesting to ask 'Where do you play?' and allow multiple options.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I guess public is rather too questionable(or dangerous), so yeah, they rather play at home/office on any mode.

It's not really disappointed, it's a fair. I have a switch and i play at my home, my friend's home, my grandma's home and at work on portable mode. So, otherwise public can be problem due to weather and strangers.

For you information, this is not a new thing. It happened since the original Game Boy days, everyone played at home.