Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sonic Mania Review thread- 86 meta with 50 reviews

And so the two week wait begins...

Around the Network

Tried it for 15 minutes, did a special stage and old school sphere bonus stage, game plays fantastically well...... so SEGA, Next.... we need this.. ......... STREETS OF RAGE AND SHINOBI MANIA..!!!!!

This wasn't even on my radar until I saw someone playing it on Twitch earlier. I had no idea. The real, true Sonic 4.

Why didn't anyone tell me?!

Finally. Team sonic got it right.
It is so good, that I thought I was playing freedom planet.

Carl2291 said:
This wasn't even on my radar until I saw someone playing it on Twitch earlier. I had no idea. The real, true Sonic 4.

Why didn't anyone tell me?!

Sorry I forgot.

Anyways I'll get this tonight. Looks really good.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
KrspaceT said:
Sonic Mania is high on the E-Shop, how about the XBox and Playstation store? Is it high on the download list?

Looking at PSN website it is not even in the bestsellers category as of now. The same goes for Xbox.

Comparing versions for a second. It might just be me, but the Switch version seems to register a slight delay in control input compared to the PS4 version. This really isn't noticeable outside the blue sphere stages.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

PenguinZ said:
Comparing versions for a second. It might just be me, but the Switch version seems to register a slight delay in control input compared to the PS4 version. This really isn't noticeable outside the blue sphere stages.

For me the blue sphere stages fells exactly like the genesis version on the emulators.

I'm about half way done now. Loving it so far. It's not perfect, some of the boss fights are overly gimmicky or too long, but it's overall great so far.

Just bought it ! I'm going for my first playthrough :D

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909