By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Crucial Points in the Console War..

Around the Network

I liked how you did not use absolutes in your metaphors. For once, as far as I have seen, you managed to come up with some plausible evidence(though no link) to defend the PS3 without bashing Wii and 360. Nice job.

diegomoroco777 said:
4 Final Fantasy games for PS3? I´m sorry, I only remember FFXIII, FFXIII Versus You are asuming the rest of the FFXIII series are going to PS3 aren´t you? You know that the rest of those games are confirmed to be released outside of the PS3 don´t you? The logic will tell 1 is for Wii, 1 for DS and 1 for PSP. Oh, and Versus XIII may be ported to 360, if PS3 keeps sucking in America. And seeing how Square milks the series, FFXIV has like 4 more years till its announcement. The best Sony can do is that Star Ocean 4 is confirmed PS3 exclusive, and that the new KH game is exclusive. And c´mon, GT5? There are just to many good racing games now, specially on 360, with Forza and Project Gotham.

FF13, Versus, FF mmo ( rumored unreal engine 3), Relevent wings.  4 FF games that wont be on Wii, should play a big part of how things go in Japan.  The possible of old ports wont help the 360.

You might want to look at GT sales and compare then to Forza and Project Gotham. 

BTW DaBIAS, you never responed to my post.

larry said:
DaBIAS said:
DonWii said:
@DaBIAS, Truly biased towards PS3, only because you come down so harshly on competition. But hey, thats your opinion.

Well peope come down harsh on the PS3, yet when wii games fail to out sell it even with a user base over two times bigger no one comes down on the Wii.  Why is that ?

PS3 future rides on a few games that might or might not be exclusives, yahh real bias.  And for 360 well really is there life with no Halo ?

bro,

you would find a lot of people who are thinking that ps3 wouldnot win the console war which is impossible.

The devs of HAZE have also reinstated the claim of ps3 being the most powerful consumer hardware.

ps3 is like Australia in the world of gaming.

after losing to England and Newzealand they were written off by the pundits in the cricket world cup 2007.

they proved them wrong by winning it 3 in a row.

Wii is like India . It is the best selling next gen console in US /JAPAN but the momentum might be steamed off in the long run.

X360 is like Pakistan. Pakistan has the potential to beat any team in world cricket on a given day.

X360 in a similiar way can rekindle fire with games like Blue Dragon even in Japan(lost territory) but only for a very short duartion of time

Yeah but India can crush pakistan in every other field just like the Wii will crush the 360

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Hey, The Source, I've been reading these boards for a long time now, and I know you're respected for your analysis and such, but here's the problem I have with what you posted;

The "Crucial periods" which you wrote about are more like "Crucial Eras."

You posted about 8-9 month periods for each console! Of course 8-9 months is going to make a big difference, especially with 2 out of the 3 next-gen systems being only 6 months old.

It's like saying the first million years of human evolution are key to where we're going to be as a species.

Your analysis is generally very good, but in this case, it was just very...general.

Currently playing: Civ 6

I personally think, that it could be crucial for Nintendo to significantly increase production until christmas. If they cannot meet current demand, the sales at christmas cannot increase if production stays the same. That is the chance for the competition. If they do it right, they can sell more at the holidays and that can mean, that X360 wins America and PS3 Europe. Dont get me wrong: I dont think that potential buyers of a Wii, who doesnt get one take one of the other consoles. But if Nintendo sells the same amount as now (or only slightly increased) and Microsoft and Sony are able to sell much more, they can get momentum. So Nintendo needs to increase production not to meet demand for the Wii, but to produce more than the demand is for the other two consoles.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

larry said:
DaBIAS said:...

bro,

you would find a lot of people who are thinking that ps3 wouldnot win the console war which is impossible.

The devs of HAZE have also reinstated the claim of ps3 being the most powerful consumer hardware.

ps3 is like Australia in the world of gaming.

after losing to England and Newzealand they were written off by the pundits in the cricket world cup 2007.

they proved them wrong by winning it 3 in a row.

Wii is like India . It is the best selling next gen console in US /JAPAN but the momentum might be steamed off in the long run.

X360 is like Pakistan. Pakistan has the potential to beat any team in world cricket on a given day.

X360 in a similiar way can rekindle fire with games like Blue Dragon even in Japan(lost territory) but only for a very short duartion of time

Yo Larry,

Do you know ANYTHING about Cricket?? I like your analogy - except that its wrong!

Australia = Nintendo

England = Sony

South Africa = Microsoft

Australia used to rule the roost, then lost the ashes. Everyone thought it was game over. They even managed to lose a (one-day) series to England (then NZ) in the most unlikely way possible.

The last ashes series (in England) was the last console generation. Nintendo tried hard, but England had the home advantage, better form & less injuries.

The most recent series is *this* generation. Australia have been licking their lips over the loss, and planning their revenge - just like Nintendo were over Sony. This time Australia had the home advantage, less injuries, and a much more convincing strategy. England's strategy worked in the past... and they tried it one too many times - just like Sony.

The result? A 5-0 whitewash. A bit like what is happening to Sony now.

Throw in the World Cup to represent handhelds - and we all can see what happened to the PSP...

As for South Africa - they always try really hard, have lots of firepower - but just can't do it in the end. (I think it was a real pity that SA didn't play the Aussies in the World Cup final...).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Mnementh said:
I personally think, that it could be crucial for Nintendo to significantly increase production until christmas. If they cannot meet current demand, the sales at christmas cannot increase if production stays the same. That is the chance for the competition. If they do it right, they can sell more at the holidays and that can mean, that X360 wins America and PS3 Europe. Dont get me wrong: I dont think that potential buyers of a Wii, who doesnt get one take one of the other consoles. But if Nintendo sells the same amount as now (or only slightly increased) and Microsoft and Sony are able to sell much more, they can get momentum. So Nintendo needs to increase production not to meet demand for the Wii, but to produce more than the demand is for the other two consoles.

Its a good point, but not something I think you should worry about.

Nintendo know all about Xmas, and are definitely stockpiling units as we speak for the period. I think they plan to have at least an extra 2m units (worldwide) for Xmas this year (above normal production).

In fact, its a bit wierd that most of Nintendo's immediate issues - are ALL production related (DS & Wii). I'm sure they are putting all their energies into that little issue ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

DonWii said:
Well, since your statements are speculation, and they favor the PS3, then I do consider it BIAS. IF I were to say: Wii is cheap and appeals to casual and hardcore gamers-Wii will win. PS3 high price is gonna make it fail. There is nothing after Halo 3. That would be BIAS. It is all speculation. "As for Wii games fail to out sell it" Which do you refer to? There are plenty of Wii games outselling PS3 games. Not exactly sure what you meant there. Same thing goes for the "PS3 future rides on a few games that might or might not be exclusives, yahh real bias" statement. Could you elaborate a bit on both statements

Plenty multi paltfoem games sell the least on wii Madden, Spideman, NFS.  PS3 needs those big 3rd party games to stay exclusive, if they dont the consoel is screwd.

Everything here is speculation, what "thesource" said is speculation but it favors the wii so you blindly agree with it and you think anything is bias if it does not blindly favor the wii and see doom for the others.