By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Despacito is the first YouTube video to reach 3 billion views.

Never heard of it, I'm really out of touch when it comes to music. Might give this a try later though, can't right now as I'm working and don't have any speakers or headphones.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

Most views are from Mexico & South America, which makes it even more insane. I don't like the song or its genre but if you speak spanish the thing is catchy, for some reason... it also helps the artists involved were already pretty famous.

On a different note, I thought gangnam style beat the 3B mark long ago...

eh in 10 years people will look back at this and think "only 3 billion views? This must have not been very popular".

Just a sign of the internet continuing to expand.

I listened to it but it put me to sleep.

That says a lot about the state of the entertainment industry. It may be the worst summer plague hit song I've heard in about a decade and follows in the proud lineage of songs like The Ketchup Song and Maccarena.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
That says a lot about the state of the entertainment industry. It may be the worst summer plague hit song I've heard in about a decade and follows in the proud lineage of songs like The Ketchup Song and Maccarena.

So you're saying the state is the exact same as a decade ago? I agree.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

A while ago I was wondering which songs are popular nowadays. To my surprise, there weren't many upbeat, catchy songs. Most of the songs were very slow, boring and soulless (Despacito is a prime example).

I just don't get it. I've never been a big fan of pop music, but at least I could understand why a song was popular. Gagnam Style for instance was catchy, danceable and got stuck in your head. But this song just sounds very forgetable.

vivster said:
Mummelmann said:

More or less...

The only difference is that I get more grumpy at the state of things!

Mummelmann said:
vivster said:

More or less...

The only difference is that I get more grumpy at the state of things!

Don't we all.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Never heard of, never watch it. Pinky swear.

Hunting Season is done...