By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2017 NPD Thread! Switch #1

Classy move by ethomaz. Yeah, librarian didn't do do things as smartly as he could have in order to minimize any potential trouble he might face, which is on him, but my minds boggles that a 35 year old man can't respect somebody's wishes, move on, and do something else with his day. I guess he needed his ego stroked though, so fuck librarian, and to hell with getting numbers next month.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Classy move by ethomaz. Yeah, librarian didn't do do things as smartly as he could have in order to minimize any potential trouble he might face, which is on him, but my minds boggles that a 35 year old man can't respect somebody's wishes, move on, and do something else with his day. I guess he needed his ego stroked though, so fuck librarian, and to hell with getting numbers next month.

The thing is ethomaz isn't respecting the wish of someone.... someone that isn't respecting a contract he signed and commited to. So who would be more wrong?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Job Done Splatoon!

Switch!!!

DonFerrari said:
Miyamotoo said:

Hardly that XB1 is selling any better in Europe or especially in Japan compared to US.

I believe he is being specific to Xbox being expected to be number 1 un USA but now being 3rd throughtout the year.

My bad.

Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

I believe he is being specific to Xbox being expected to be number 1 un USA but now being 3rd throughtout the year.

My bad.

No problem. So far what we know USA alone represents half the sales of X1, so your point of it not selling more in Europe or anywhere else is true.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network

Everyone's gearing up for the Xbox One X.....

...maybe.

ArchangelMadzz said:
Jranation said:

Can't wait for their next PR...... lol

Something something hourly usage of Xbox live
Something launch of spotify
Something thank you.

They'll continue to pretend that YOY growth of Xbox live is impressive when it's obvious as they've had a year of sales and therefore a year of new users. 

So this is why Microsoft is pushing cross-play on other platforms.

DonFerrari said:
COKTOE said:

The thing is ethomaz isn't respecting the wish of someone.... someone that isn't respecting a contract he signed and commited to. So who would be more wrong?

Well, ok, sure. I suppose since moral issues were a part of my comment, that's a fair question.  On a personal level, I don't really care that NPD has had their numbers outed again by a leaker. Quite the contrary. But yes, objectively, there was a breach of trust on the part of librarian in his dealings with NPD. I stand by my comment though. As for the post to gaf: Anybody could have done it, somebody almost certainly would have eventually, but ethomaz is the one who did do it. Kind of a dick move.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

JRPGfan said:
for 2017 the PS4 is still ahead of the Switch in the US (pr NPDs) right? by like 200-300k.
(I know Switch missed a few months of the year)

Where we expecting the Switch launch year, to outsell the PS4, in its strongest market? Is it possible it doesnt?

I thought it would but didn't see the supply issue coming. Now I think the PS4 will definitely outsell the Switch.

COKTOE said:
DonFerrari said:

Well, ok, sure. I suppose since moral issues were a part of my comment, that's a fair question.  On a personal level, I don't really care that NPD has had their numbers outed again by a leaker. Quite the contrary. But yes, objectively, there was a breach of trust on the part of librarian in his dealings with NPD. I stand by my comment though. As for the post to gaf: Anybody could have done it, somebody almost certainly would have eventually, but ethomaz is the one who did do it. Kind of a dick move.

Both are doing dick moves... just like manga translators and scanners, etc, complain of people putting their work in different sites... If you aren't respecting IP from someone you can't complain that your piracy is being pirated.