By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activision: Destiny 2 DLC could be as important as the Base game

They're not helping to convince me to buy it if I have to spend just as much on DLC that's "almost as important as the main game" to be able to play with others.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
jason1637 said:
I dont get why people are hating on this. Destiny is the type of game that survives based on post launch content.

but its SO fucking expensive. relative to what you get. i think the 4 main DLC's released for Destiny costed around 120$ total. thats just way too much. 

That's alot worse than I thought. To hell with that shit. I'm glad I never bought those games.

Thanks Activision for telling us to just wait for a complete edition.

i'm not understanding the comments here... are people upset at the idea of dlc in general?... or are people just assuming that its cut content as opposed to content being developed for the most part after the game has launched without any facts to back that up?

looks to me to be the latter

Nautilus said:
VAMatt said:

That applies to every game with DLC though.  

Just the ones that have horrible DLC practices really, like the first destiny and what assume Destiny 2 will have.Games like Mario Kart 8 and The Witcher 3 has very good DLC structure and values.

the difference being?

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Nautilus said:

Just the ones that have horrible DLC practices really, like the first destiny and what assume Destiny 2 will have.Games like Mario Kart 8 and The Witcher 3 has very good DLC structure and values.

the difference being?

That one you are paying for a lot of content with a fair price, and the other that you are paying for something that is not worth the price being asked?

Mario Kart 8 and The Witcher 3 DLC price was 20 dollars I believe but they added so much to the game.MK 8 added about 50% more content to the game, and the Witcher 3 was a 40 hours adventure(give or take), with this added content being of a very high quality.(Mind you that the main agme was around 70 hours of so playing normaly)

As for Destiny, it was the complete oposite.It was extremely expensive, and each expansion didnt add alot of content.Thats why people are pissed.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I think drive club needs to be added to the list of dlc done well, as well infamous first light, tlou, uncharted lost legacy and soon Horizon Zero Dawn Frozen Wilds.

The first set of dlc was a bit naf on destiny. The base game itself was lackluster. However, the full package at the end was amazing. Coming back to the collection felt like a whole new game along with things they released which were free and patched in.

I'm hoping they have learnt from destiny 1 and do the dlc and base game right this time around.

If I find a copy of the limited edition, I won't mind since year one season pass will come with it, but I won't buy a season pass separately. I rather just hold out since they are plenty of games coming out to keep me occupied between them and a complete edition.

Nautilus said:
o_O.Q said:

the difference being?

That one you are paying for a lot of content with a fair price, and the other that you are paying for something that is not worth the price being asked?

Mario Kart 8 and The Witcher 3 DLC price was 20 dollars I believe but they added so much to the game.MK 8 added about 50% more content to the game, and the Witcher 3 was a 40 hours adventure(give or take), with this added content being of a very high quality.(Mind you that the main agme was around 70 hours of so playing normaly)

As for Destiny, it was the complete oposite.It was extremely expensive, and each expansion didnt add alot of content.Thats why people are pissed.

Sounds to me like you didn't play the Taken King or Rise of Iron pieces.  The first two DLCs, the 15 bucks a piece ones, were pretty bad.  However, Destiny has been supported and given high quality DLC for the past 2 years.  On top of that, they have rolled out rather consistent quarterly updates to the game in years 2 and 3.  

I don't know what kind of games everyone complaining about the price in this thread are playing, but Destiny is the only game I have bought this gen that has kept me going back to it for 3 FULL years.  I paid roughly 120 bucks for that by buying everything as it came out.  To me that isn't a lot of money for the amount of time and content I got.  Too many are basing Destiny's DLC practice on year 1, which is when they were honing and perfecting the practice.

Destiny 2: The Collection sounds like a good game then

Neodegenerate said:
Nautilus said:

Sounds to me like you didn't play the Taken King or Rise of Iron pieces.  The first two DLCs, the 15 bucks a piece ones, were pretty bad.  However, Destiny has been supported and given high quality DLC for the past 2 years.  On top of that, they have rolled out rather consistent quarterly updates to the game in years 2 and 3.  

I don't know what kind of games everyone complaining about the price in this thread are playing, but Destiny is the only game I have bought this gen that has kept me going back to it for 3 FULL years.  I paid roughly 120 bucks for that by buying everything as it came out.  To me that isn't a lot of money for the amount of time and content I got.  Too many are basing Destiny's DLC practice on year 1, which is when they were honing and perfecting the practice.

And people think 120 is too much. Thats essentially paying twice the amount of money for a game. But if you are happy thats all that matters. I have all the DLC and the only one worth a damn was Taken King, Rise of Iron was way too short for how much it cost. And locking content because you dont have the latest version is crap. Imagine if COD locked modes if you didnt buy the DLC